MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-15-2001, 08:46 PM   #1
mikos chris

Post 347 stroker, will this work?

I have an 89 Ranger 4x4 with the 2.9L. Needless to say it has no power, and I am gonna put a V8 in it. The 302 is an optimum because it fits fairly well, I was gonna go with a 351w, but its too tall and requires more mods than its worth. However Im thinking 347 because its the same size as the 302. I want something with lots of low end, I use the truck for towing and snowplowing. My real question comes with the computer setup. Im gonna keep it EFI, but I was wondering if I use a Lightning cam, and Lighning Computer, do you think I would have a problem with the 347? Its only 4 cu difference. I would use the GT40 heads and intake. Would I be able to use a mustang speed density wiring harness with the Lightning computer? Any suggestions would help as I really dont want to go mass air because this truck will never get much more radical than this. THANKS