MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Modular Madness (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Dyno'd my Stock '03 Cobra - 386 RWHP (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=36128)

NO SLO PK 05-03-2003 10:13 PM

Dyno'd my Stock '03 Cobra - 386 RWHP

I'm giddy...just got back from Autolink Motorworks today. They work on imports, but they were offering a special --$40 for 4 dyno pulls. So I said what the h***.

So there was my Cobra, in a garage full of imports and import owners. I felt very, very awkward. I was outnumbered but not outgunned.

The first pull got 383 rwhp. The dyno techs looked at each other and started giggling in disbelief. By now there was a small crowd of import owners gathering around the Cobra. The techs were saying to everyone, "it's stock and makes over 380 hp." Import owners were shaking their heads and laughing in disbelief, as if they were sniffing their own NOS.

Icing the blower got 386 rwhp. A dyno tech said "I have to buy an American car." (I think that was the ultimate compliment, especially coming from an import tuner).

Before dynoing my car, they were testing an Integra, with decals, wheels, and chrome oversized exhaust tip. I asked the dyno operator what kind of power it was making. He said "190 hp, not bad for a car that weighs only 2700 lbs." I was a nice guy and didn't say anything.

Overall, the guys at Autolink were really cool, even though they were import guys. I may need to take my LX there soon for a little testing...

Skyman 05-04-2003 01:23 PM

Where is this place. I could go for some dyno runs at that price! I just hope its accurate, and I dont get another 332rwhp dyno like last time and then run 107mph.

Skyler

NO SLO PK 05-04-2003 01:45 PM

Hey Sky,

Autolink is in El Monte. The dyno was just calibrated according to the technicians. I figure this is right, since most stock '03 Cobras are getting 370 rwhp. A k&N would add upwards of 10 hp, so it's right where it should be.

$40 for four pulls was a special "dyno day" price. I believe their normal price is $75. If you want to go, let me know and I'll join you.

R

Skyman 05-04-2003 02:31 PM

Yeah Russ, I do want to go, its 97mi from my house, so I was planning on going to carlsbad weekend after next, maybe could go the friday be4.

Skyler

46stang 05-05-2003 04:21 PM

congrats man that's a sweet hp #!:D what was the torque? when mine was stock it made 372rwhp, 365rwtq. ok it had a drop in K&N;) sounds like the dyno is pretty accurate! are you going to mod it at all or leave it stock? just curious. I was going to leave mine stock but that lasted about a week!:p
Leon
P.S< HEY Sky check out my mph:D in the sig., Now if only i could drive:confused:

Skyman 05-05-2003 04:52 PM

Damn throw on some tires and should be able to pull some low 11's outta it. Im gonna try and rip a 11.99@110 outta mine next time, abuse the T-5 a little.

Skyler

NO SLO PK 05-05-2003 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 46stang
congrats man that's a sweet hp #!:D what was the torque? when mine was stock it made 372rwhp, 365rwtq. ok it had a drop in K&N;) sounds like the dyno is pretty accurate! are you going to mod it at all or leave it stock? just curious. I was going to leave mine stock but that lasted about a week!:p
Leon
P.S< HEY Sky check out my mph:D in the sig., Now if only i could drive:confused:

Torque was 363, so it was pretty much in line with when yours was stock. 119 trap speed? I see we were spinning in first and second .;)

Were you at the Knott's show two Sundays back? I had the redfire convertible...was busy trying to stop spectators from fondling the Alcantra upholstery:mad:

If it's okay, I might pm you in the future as I'm about to start modding mine.

46stang 05-05-2003 08:06 PM

i actually had slicks on it but i was going kind of easy as i'm not sure how much the IRS can handle:D I'm sure you'll get your 110mph sky if the weather is cool enough or you just get a sweet pass!! All i really want is an 11.99 too, mostly so i can get kicked off a track :) for no cage! there is several guys back east with my exact mods running mid 11's so i know it's possible!

No i wasn't at the knots show, but i was at the svtoa thing in bakersfield on that friday.

yea, some people just have to touch :mad: You can PM any time! basically all you need is a pulley,chip,exhaust, and air filter! our cars love mods! congrats again on your #'s.
Leon

Skyman 05-05-2003 08:39 PM

Ive heard of guys running down into the 10's w/ the stock rearend. I would just ease it out a little bit, and let it rip, I dont see why you couldn't pull somethin in the 1.7's. Its still under warranty if it brakes too right? hehe My cars running a lot better now since it went 12.3 as the rockers werent adjusted right on a couple cylinders. I'll be getting a custom cam here soon too.

Skyler

NO SLO PK 05-05-2003 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skyman
Yeah Russ, I do want to go, its 97mi from my house, so I was planning on going to carlsbad weekend after next, maybe could go the friday be4.

Skyler

Unfortunately, I have to work during the day. I suggest a couple of options. We might be able to schedule a late afternoon / early evening pull. Or, I would be happy to set things up with the dyno techs...you know, confirm the price, let them know you will be there, tell them to take care of your car, etc. Would like to grab a brew after.