View Single Post
Old 05-07-2001, 06:43 PM   #19
Cajun
Registered Member

Ripper: That's what I've been trying to tell you, the car is UNDERRATED. I sure don't recall saying anything about "breaking it in". I got the chance Sunday to run the car, and took it. Read back, I said a few more miles on it. I have run 3 different cars on this dyno, so far, I don't find the dyno anywhere near as demanding as drag-racing the car. The ecu on a Ford product is completely programmed ("broken-in") with 20 heat and cool cycles of the automobile.
Top speed at the drag was 105 mph.
LT1Z28: I don't know how many cars you have personally dynoed or watched dynoed, but, where did you get the 18% set figure for driveline loss. How in the world can a Mustang R dyno 378 rwhp with an engine producing 385 crankshaft hp????UNDERRATED
Check out the R at the strip, I would be willing to bet that the car is much faster than the literature SVT puts out.
Read the SVT literature; Ford claims different 0-60 times, different 1/4 mile times, and different top speeds on the 99 and 01 Cobras, WHY????? I don't know what Ford did differently, but, they did something different or all numbers would be copies.
I am not trying to start any arguments. I didn't mean to step on any toes.
DT
Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote