MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-23-2001, 09:55 PM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Post A 351W in a 93GT...it won' turn over...what's the problem??

It just won't turn over. We brought it to TDC twice and set the fuel pressure at 40psi. It still won't fire up. For some reason the dude that put together the engine couldn't find the 0 or 10 degree timing mark with his timing light. Did he screw soething up or is the lack of the full emission system preventing my car from running. i have a couple sensors on the pass. side of the EFI harness that I'm not using. I can't find out what they are for. I'm really frustrated because she just won't catch idle and i don't want to ruin new parts by turning it over and over and over without a solid fire.

------------------
Finally DONE!!
93 GT, 393 stroker, Dynamic Roller Mite C4, 8 pt cage,
Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, 3.73's,
'69 351W block w/SCAT crank.
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 02:24 AM   #2
smokedchevy
Registered Member

Question

Do you mean it is not turning over at all or it won't start? Always check fuel and ignition first.

------------------
92 GT, 4:10 gears, centerforce clutch, 6# powerdyne blower, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 04:25 AM   #3
moosejaw
Registered Member

One possibility is your starting fuel.
Probably your start fuel is too rich or too lean. Open the throttle as you crank it. If it catches then your start fuel is too rich. If it doesn't then it is probably too lean. I have found that on strokers or motors with large injectors the start fuel needs to trimmed to get them to start.

A PMS or similar device that allows for quick changes is great for this type problem.

Of course if the base timing is way out it still won't fire. Good luck.

Mike

------------------
Live near St.Louis?
Check out Mustang Muscle and Dyno in High Ridge, MO
Check out my ride.
moosejaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 05:25 AM   #4
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

smokedchevy- Got fuel and got spark. Checked them first. I had a blocked fuel line that was pinched between the tank and frame. Solved that and now it won't catch an idle. I let go of the key and she wants to stay running. Something is wrong. We even tried moving the distributor back and forth several times after bringing it to TDC.

Mossejaw- Waht you say sound very interesting and sounds like a legit possibility. But would that even work if I'm running fuel injection? I got 30lb. injectors. What do you think my fuel pressure should be set at to start. I set it at 40. Still won't catch an idle and run properly.
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote