MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2002, 09:27 PM   #1
5.0PiMpin
Registered Member

Question 351W headache or good idea?

hey waz up guys, i got a friend that has a carburated 351 windsor from an older bronco, he thinks it was around an 88. ne wayz i have a 89 5.0 and i wanted to know whether it would be feasible to put the 351 in my car. i know i would have to change the manifold to fuel injected but i really dont know what else might have to be done. i have a good feeling this has been done before and if any one has ne feedback on whether or not it is a good idea i would really like to know.wat else would i have to do to make it work well? the 351 has been rebuilt with 0 miles on it and is just sitting in his backyard tarped. my engine has a lot of miles on it (152,000) and i wanted to either rebuild it or go for a brand new one. a rebuilt 351 sounds like a good time and im getting it for $1000. im willing to spend the money to make it fit but i want to do the right thing. wat do you guys think? i would really apreciate any type of responses. thankx, danny.

oh yeah - he doesnt have any paper work on it but will the vin # tell me the story on the engine?
off road h-pipe , under drive pulley's , stage one center force clutch, removed air silencer, flows, K&N, 130 Amp pain in my alternator, optima yellow top 3.73 gears aluminum drive shaft and pro5.0 shifter...
5.0PiMpin is offline   Reply With Quote