Thread: 351W Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
goodyear1984
Registered Member

Default Re: 351W Rebuild

you can run 11to 1 if you want to.but getting it tuned will be the best thing to do to get the best performance and you said your worried about gas millage.if your smart you will call the cam company and tell them the specs of you motor so you get the "best"cam for your ride.you didnt say any thing about heads so i will assume u have stock heads and a cam thats has good low to mid will be good if you have stock heads cuz they dont flow good.alot of people make the mistake of just trowing a cam in there car and not really being the right one.if u call a good cam company they will want to know the engine specs,transmission,rear end gear,weight of car.i am not saying the cam you picked is the wrong im just saying make sure its the best for what you have,just do your homework.i dont like comp cams because you can call them 5 times and get 5 different answers.as far as the fuel rails idk,id have to think they would,just test it out.good luck
347 stroker all forged,arp everything,stud mains w/girdle,7qt pan,full roller, custom cam, aluminum heads swirl valves 5 angle valve job.quick fuel 750,areomotive pump,cobras w/nitto drags,and m/t et drags for the track, ford racing 373 gears,centerforce clutch,tko500,underdrive pulleys,bassani x-pipe,flowmasters
^best et so far 11.6 1.61 60ft coming soon 9sec et's
1992 mustang gt
2001 gmc 1500 4x4
78 century boat
92 skidoo
goodyear1984 is offline   Reply With Quote