MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-24-2002, 04:18 PM   #1
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Default 35th anniversary Mustang Gt

My car has the little plate on the side that says 35th anniversary, what I want to know is if all 99 are 35th anniversary or if this is some type of special edition.
I know the question is kind of stupid but I thought I would ask any way.………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………
99GT
Under drive pulleys, subframes, 3.73, sport Lowering springs, strut tower brace, caster/camber plates, rear sway bar, tokiko illumina adjustable shocks/struts, upper&lower rear control arms, timing adjuster, 245x17 Michelin pilot, high performance brake pads, (no silencer, no spare tire).
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:29 PM   #2
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

I raced a 35th, the guy said it was, and it was silver, if that helps. with bullitt looking wheels, maybe he put them on? anyway you need to post in the modular forum.....peace
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 07:50 PM   #3
91GTturbo
Registered Member

In 99' they made an anniversary edition and a regular GT. The anniversary's had the center of the hood painted down from the scoop, around the back between the bumper and the third brake light was also painted. The outside of the gauge cluster was silver and had 35th printed on it. It was the only 99' mustang to have the additional cover over the hood scoop, now they all have it I believe. I can't rember exactly, but I also think it had different wheels and probably a few extra things I can't remember.

The reason I know, I bought a new 99' GT as soon as they came out. Shortly after, I saw someone in one of these. I went back to the dealership where I bought mine from and they told me it was a special package I could have gotten, but they neglected to tell me about it.
Old 01-25-2002, 08:23 AM   #4
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Well after all I guess it was not such a stupid question.
"91GTturbo" my car does not have any of the paint you mention but as I said it does have a round silver medallion on the driver side.

I bought the car couple of years ago from a dealer, it already had 10000m and at that time I did not know anything about Mustangs.

Any ideas if there is a website where I can find info about this 35th anniversary package?.

Thanks for answering guys .

.................................................. .................................................. ...

99GT
Under drive pulleys, subframes, 3.73, sport Lowering springs, strut tower brace, caster/camber plates, rear sway bar, tokiko illumina adjustable shocks/struts, upper&lower rear control arms, timing adjuster, 245x17 Michelin pilot, high performance brake pads, (no silencer, no spare tire).
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 09:51 AM   #5
Tim89LXvert
Registered Member

All Mustangs for 99 had the round "35th Anniversary" badge on the fenders.

There was a special edition package that included at least:
-Black hood treatment with hood scoop (same as adopted for 2001)
-Black insert between the tail lights
-Special rear spoiler (same as adopted for 2001)
-Special finish wheel with black inserts in the spokes
-two tone seats with silver inserts
-silver dash trim
-Special shifter handle (5 speeds only)

This was available on the GTs (coupe or convertible) in red, white or black.

I may have missed a couple things, but I think that is most of it. It was purely a cosmetic package, no engine/drivetrain changes.
Engine: GT40 al. heads, Cobra intake, TFS cam, 1.7RR, etc.... LOLDrivetrain: SPEC II clutch & FMS Billet flywheel, Pro 5.0 shifter w/Cobra knob and aluminum driveshaft through 3.73:1 gears.Chassis: 4 wheel disk w/Cobra front brakes, GT rears and 2001 "Bullitt" wheels
Rear: MM adjustable LCAs with Griggs springs, KYB shocks. Front: Koni red struts, FMS "C" springs and full poly bushings. Full length MM sub frame connectors, steeda 2pt. K-brace.Misc.: 130a alt. upgrade, R134a conversion.
Photos of my car
Tim89LXvert is offline   Reply With Quote