MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-30-2003, 12:41 PM   #1
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Default New engine pics, what do you think?

I just got the accessory belt setup on my 306. I also just finished the valve cover painting. Couldn't decide on the color, but the only one that seemed to work was red. The car is red. What do you think?

1984 LX Hatch
306 w/ TRW forged flat toppers, Comp Cams Magnum 292H, GT40P heads w/ 3 angle valve job, .550 lift springs, Angus Racing Roller Rockers, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 4150 650cfm carb, MAC 1 5/8 Long Tubes, Single Chamber Flowmasters, 91' T5 w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, Turbo Coupe 8.8 Rear w/ 3.55 gears, QA1 Motorsports tubular K member, no interior except steering wheel and seat.
Coming soon: 6 or 8 point cage, Fuel Cell, Weld Draglites
QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 10:54 PM   #2
Dave_mustang_50
Registered Member

Looks like art to me. The valve covers look great, mine are still factory grey. I had my hood up in the garage for like 3 days when my engine was new. Everybody kept asking "whats wrong with the car"?

Sold 92 Rag Top GT
Procharged & intercooled DSS 331 LC
Holley Systemax 2 Intake, Edelbrock RPM Heads,E 303 ,blow thru air meter, race bypass, 42 pph injectors,65mm tb,1.7 rr, Mac long tube headers w/off road H pipe, Force 2 catback, TKO,Pro 5.0, K&N, Alum DS,3 core radiator, subframe connectors,3.73`s, Nitto DR`s and a Heavy Foot.
Dave_mustang_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 10:56 PM   #3
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: New engine pics, what do you think?

Quote:
Originally posted by QuantumMotorsports
I just got the accessory belt setup on my 306. I also just finished the valve cover painting. Couldn't decide on the color, but the only one that seemed to work was red. The car is red. What do you think?
I like it .. Nice looking manifold too Whats the rating on that alternator? it looks like you could run a small town on that thing
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 11:45 PM   #4
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure I'm going to be sure to pop the hood while in the staging lanes at the track, you know, to cool the engine off while everyone gets a peek.

HotRoddin, I went ahead and got the 130 amp 3G alternator for exactly that purpose. Hehehe, not really, I bought it for another car I have and turns out the alternator wasn't bad so I used this one for my project. Did you guys notice that underdrive crank pulley? It's the same freaking size as the alternator pulley!!! When I saw that on ebay, I was like, damn, I have to have that. I don't know why, but I absolutly love the short belt setup. I'm gonna love hearing people say "no power steering?" or "where's your smog pump and A/C?" I'll just say "I didn't want to buy the A/C delete kit, so I did this."

1984 LX Hatch
306 w/ TRW forged flat toppers, Comp Cams Magnum 292H, GT40P heads w/ 3 angle valve job, .550 lift springs, Angus Racing Roller Rockers, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 4150 650cfm carb, MAC 1 5/8 Long Tubes, Single Chamber Flowmasters, 91' T5 w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, Turbo Coupe 8.8 Rear w/ 3.55 gears, QA1 Motorsports tubular K member, no interior except steering wheel and seat.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:53 PM   #5
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Paint the rocker covers same as the heads.

Looks great.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 07:14 AM   #6
PKRWUD

That does look good! I'm sure the red covers will bring it all together when it's in the car, too. I wanted as few colors as possible when I did the 308 earlier this year. I painted everything Ford blue, and used the Mustang valve covers I had lying around.

Is that an '83 t-bird water pump? Just curious.

The only suggestion I would make would be to cover the opening in the intake, and the exhaust ports. Trust me, I lost an engine once to a carb nut that fell into the intake when I wasn't looking.

Looks good!

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 09:38 AM   #7
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Is that an '83 t-bird water pump? Just curious.

The only suggestion I would make would be to cover the opening in the intake, and the exhaust ports. Trust me, I lost an engine once to a carb nut that fell into the intake when I wasn't looking.

Looks good!

Take care,
~Chris [/B]
Yep, 83 T-bird pump. Some post on here said it was the cheapest clockwise rotating pump that would work. I had to modify my water pump pulley. The bolt holes weren't the right diameter circle. I just drilled four holes in the right spot and made it into 4 slots. I was going to ask you guys what to do with the extra inlet tube on that pump. I'm not running a heater core so should I get a T and run the two inlets into the thermostat housing together? Or just plug one of the tubes? Oh, and dont' worry about stuff getting in the engine. I just took the bag off to take the picture. I usually have the whole thing in a garbage bag.

1984 LX Hatch
Old 08-31-2003, 05:51 PM   #8
yoshi351w
Registered Member

Looks nice now all you need is turnbuckle style tensioner from March Performance and a reverse rotaion water pump and lose that tensioner.
Old 08-31-2003, 06:43 PM   #9
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Why would I want to do that?

1984 LX Hatch
Old 08-31-2003, 07:19 PM   #10
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Looking really nice, man. I second that comment about it looking like a work of art.

Post pics after you install it.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 07:50 PM   #11
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by QuantumMotorsports
I was going to ask you guys what to do with the extra inlet tube on that pump. I'm not running a heater core so should I get a T and run the two inlets into the thermostat housing together? Or just plug one of the tubes?
You could either plug it or run a second bypass hose from it to the port on the intake where the heater return hose goes.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote