MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-03-2002, 12:36 PM   #1
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Thumbs up 4-Lug to 5-Lug in 3.5 hours

Last night myself and good friend ByrneCH done a axle swap on my 90 LX 5.0 in 3.5 hours and this was including putting on new brakes.

The swap was straight forward and no catches no where,the only part I would recommend is when you are putting the rear gear oil in try to get a lift there,or have a good chiropractor on stand by.

So if anyone ever does this do not sweat it,it is very straight forward and there were no hangups,good luck to anyone that does it,it is well worth it in the long run.

We also did the front rotors along with this,just had to throw that in there,in case you were wondering if I had 5 lugs on the back and 4 on the front,it is 5 all the way around.

I bought the kit from Brother's Performance,I know there are some that have done it cheaper,with going to the boneyard,but it is a worthwhile investment,and the T/A girdle cover even though it will never get seen looks cool also.

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
HORSEMEN RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 06:21 PM   #2
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

How much was the kit if you dont mind me asking?

And did it come with just the front rotors? or did it come with the SN95 front spindles and rotors? The reason I ask is that you are limited the use of certain wheels if you use the mark VII rotors because the hub doesnt clear the center cap of some wheels
Old 07-09-2002, 04:47 PM   #3
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Lightbulb Sorry so long

FiveOh,
sorry it took so long to get back to you,the whole kit cost 485 dollars from Brother's Performance here in California.

I wish I had of used the SN95 brake spindles,never have to replace a bearing again sounds good to me,but with the Brother's kit which is pretty much a Ford Motorsport kit there was no interference whatsoever.

It took longer to put the brakes on than change the axles and rotors,but it is a straight-forward swap and no hangups and no special parts needed,just make sure you keep the friction modifier off your clothes,I am sure you have smelt this stuff before.

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
HORSEMEN RACING is offline   Reply With Quote