Thread: 4 vs 8
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2002, 09:07 PM   #18
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Quote:
Jeb_Bush_2000 I meant practice my driving/racing skills.

Certainly not on the street, I hope. And buying a 4-cylinder to practice drag racing for when you get your V8 is kind of like drinking non-alcoholic beer to "practice" for real beer.

And I agree with RageForces. Danielle is the fourth car I've owned, and even after driving my dad's Cobra on numerous occasions, I still almost looped it a week after I bought it. Hell, six months later, I put it up on a curb coming down an offramp. These cars do not handle in a "friendly" manner at the limit. Stiff springs, thick roll bars, and fat tires make for some high cornering speeds, but they're not designed to handle well at the limit of traction. It's very easy to get into trouble in these cars.

If it's literally going to be the first car you use as a daily driver, you're better off getting something a little more tame. And then, when you do get your 'Stang, you'll be better able to appreciate how quick it is.

R.I.P. 05/30/02

"I've seen some crazy stuff in my life, but that...was...AWESOME!!! Oh, sorry about your car, man."
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote