MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2001, 08:27 AM   #15
PKRWUD

Unit-
That was well said.

Coupe5oh-
Let me clarify something. I'm getting older, and time goes by much quicker than it used to. To me, 1990 seems like 5 years ago. When I was big into street racing (mid 1980's), there were no EFI cars racing. When I got out of street racing (1990ish), there still weren't any EFI's racing. You would have been laughed to death if you had even suggested the EFI cars would be to racing what they are today. I love carbs. I can rebuild a Holley in my sleep. But their decline in the racing world has been incredible. I still can't believe how much things have changed in the past 10 years. Pushrod 5.0's will always be around, but never in the quantity they are in now. There will be less of them next year, and fewer still the year after that. 10 years from now, they will thought of as old school. There won't be half as many as there are now. The modular engines are here to stay, regardless of the displacement, and they will be the engines of choice in 10 years. I know it may be hard to see that now, but I'm afraid it's true. As the pushrod engine disappears, so will the need for aftermarket parts, and thus, the availability. It wasn't that long ago that true blue Ford racers wouldn't use any small block other than a 351C. If you suggested a 351W, let alone a 302, you wouldn't be taken seriously. Today, Cleveland engines are so rare, there's no where near the amount of aftermarket parts available that there used to be. It's called supply and demand. The future for fast Fords consit of modular engines and forced induction.

Mach1-
Technology is moving faster and faster everyday. 20 years ago the very idea of a message board such as this was unbelievable. Now that the ball has started to roll, mod engine performance parts will become more and more available, and their costs will drop. I'm not saying I'm entirely happy about it. I have invested the past 20 years and thousands and thousands of dollars on my ability to repair pushrod engines. These mod engines require a whole new education and a different set of tools (many of which require a power supply).

Take care,
-Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: Peckerwoods Pit Stop

My teams site: Jim Porter Racing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN.
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote