MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-10-2001, 12:17 PM   #1
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

Post 5 point harness of stock daily driver?

Does anyone have a racing harness in there stock daily driver?

I watched a show last night and this kid, who was wearing a seat belt was thrown from his car and he is now paralized!

I am looking at the RJS 5 point from Summit.

The show is not the only reason for me asking, I have noticed that during spirited driving, I seem to roll around in my seat.

Finally, I will be getting the floor mount belt, how does it attach? I know that it used an eye-bolt into the floor, do I drill through the floor?

Ian
88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 02:23 PM   #2
pro88
Registered Member

This how I did it: I removed the stock belts and used the same bolts to attach the lap portion of the belt. I drilled a hole behind the seat and installed an extra plate on the bottom side of the floor pan and used a nut and bolt to attach the shoulder belts. The submarine belt(the one between your legs) I did basically the same thing I did for the shoulder belts. If you plan on going to the drag strip, remember the belts are only good for 2 year from the date sewn on the belt. If you go ahead and spend the money and get Simpson belts, you can send them in for $40.00 and have them recertified every 2 years. Otherwise after the 2 years, you'll be buying them again. But if you're not going to make the trips to the dragstrips after the 2 years are up then keep them in there.
pro88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: