MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-14-2002, 07:08 PM   #1
nextime
Registered Member

Unhappy fuel pump and throttle body

as you can see i havent been on the site for a long time, actually since 1998. so my mustang was in and out of storage due to a divorce and havent payed much attention to it for the past 3 years. last year i took it out and installed a centerforce II clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing and wild rides torque box repair kits. anyway summer is here soon and i need help. you might need to know what is on my car first so here is the list.....bbk 1 5/8 headers ,borla cat back exhaust, mega bite jr. lower control arms, monroe formula gp struts and shocks, flex-a-lite black magic fan,3 core radiator, cobra grille, Jacob's ignition with wires and boost master and anti-theft ignition disabler, paxton 5lb supercharger with oil cooler and boost gauge, steeda short throw shifter, steeda clutch quadrant with firewall adjuster and steeda clutch cable. so i need a new fuel pump and i dont plan to get a fuel pressure regulator and i cant remember if the 155lph will run without changing my fuel pressure regulator and also what size is best to replace my stock throttle body? i must tell you this car needs to be emmissons legal. thanks for all of your help in advance.....nextime A.K.A. mark
nextime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 08:49 PM   #2
Hozer 88GTConv
Registered Member

Default Are you sure?

I would strongly suggest getting a FPR. Tuning without it will be a real pain. If I can ask, why won't you spend the $100 and 30 minutes to put a FPR on? Just an opinion. Good luck, sounds like you have a great combo.
Hozer 88GTConv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 09:26 PM   #3
nextime
Registered Member

Default well

my car runs great with the stock fuel pump but it is real noisy and i know it wont last long plus i dont want to mess with the fuel pressure.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:32 PM   #4
PKRWUD

You really need to be able to adjust your pressure in order to properly (and safely) tune a supercharged engine.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 10:38 PM   #5
nextime
Registered Member

Default ok

i havent had any problem for 68,000 supercharged miles with the stock pump so why would i need to adjust my pressure now?
Old 03-14-2002, 10:52 PM   #6
PKRWUD

You have a great point, but I still think you should have the ability to adjust it. Especially if you replace the pump. If you don't want one, don't buy one, but I would.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 11:15 PM   #7
mustang17
Registered Member

You should get a 70mm TB, stock must be killing some power.

With what you have, you should listen to the above advice and get a dyno tune. You may not have a problem, but you may also not be getting full power. You might have a problem if you start messing with the fuel system.

What size injectors do you have?

NEW! Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Red/Black. Kleemann boost increase on the way!
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 04:47 PM   #8
nextime
Registered Member

Default stock

stock 19lb injectors i have. the only mods to the engine are headers and paxton supercharger besides the jacobs ignition control and jacobs boostmaster.
Old 03-15-2002, 09:02 PM   #9
gtsr515
Registered Member

A blower without a FPR and a stock pump is a disaster waiting to happen, can you say "LEAN", do it right, upgrade to 30lb injectors, FPR, and a 190lph pump, why try to get away with something that could potentially hole a piston or worse, the regulator, pump, and injectors should have been bought first, remember, dont put the cart in front of the horse.

And as far as a trottle body, I would stay stock with the package you have now, why increase airflow, but not fuel flow, I don't understand your reasoning, but its your car, I just hope you have a trailer

Last edited by gtsr515; 03-15-2002 at 09:08 PM..
gtsr515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 09:31 PM   #10
nextime
Registered Member

do you know anything about a paxton MISTER gtsr515 on a stock engine? first it comes with a vaccum regulator that controls fuel flow in boost, second it only can be fed nothing less than 91 octaine or it will go boom, third the paxton i got is designed to run on a 100% stock system WITH NO UPGRADES. fourth i have 68,000 hard supercharged miles with no problems no holes in pistons. i am not running 10 or more pounds of boost to even worry about a blown engine and i think the enginer's at paxton know what they are doing when they said i dont need any upgrades. all i was asking will a 155lph run corectly without changing my stock that is doing a wonderful job regulator and what throttle body to get i wasnt asking for anything else and still nobody has answerd my questions except for my throttle body so thank you MUSTANG17 for the throttle body answers and also thanks PKRWUD for the insight on the new pump needing a FPR to run smooth.

2003 Cobra Convertible
Old 03-15-2002, 09:40 PM   #11
gtsr515
Registered Member

No, I don't know anything about a supercharger Better check those trailer bearings.