MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-20-2004, 01:15 PM   #1
westridez
Registered Member

Default 88gt ground effects on 83 vert

has anyone put the gt body kit on a lx with out the metal brackets that go on the rockers is there any other way to hold them on i want to put the side skirts off a 88 onto a 83 vert and the brakets are rusted out thanks
Old 10-24-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
JayGT
Registered Member

Default Re: 88gt ground effects on 83 vert

You can buy those peices if you want, it's $50 for the 4 pc's it takes (fenders quarters). On my old GT those peices were rusted up pretty bad when I took the fx off, so I took 1 of the decent peices to a local sheet metal shop an they bent me up the peices I need. Not sure waht that would cost you, as apparently the boss wasent there at the time and he just gave them to me Ive seen alot of ppl use 3m 2-sided tape on those aftermarket 93 cobra fx an that seems to work despite bein kind of a ghetto way of doing things. But from what I gather there is no possible way to use the factory muonting peices on the after market fx, as they do not have the lip to lock it into.

Hope this helps out some
Old 10-25-2004, 11:49 AM   #3
westridez
Registered Member

Default Re: 88gt ground effects on 83 vert

i have the old metal brackets but there rusted out to and i was thinking about taking them into a metal place to see if they could make me somthing i think thats what all end up doing plus it might be cheaper and save on shipping