MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
mudchucker
Registered Member

Default 91' build up

Ok guys, i am getting ready to start the build up of my 91' 5.0. I have speed density and would like to stick with that because of the conditions i run in. It is sitting stock right now and i have some money to put into it. i am wondering your thoughts on how to upgrade. I have collected a few pieces and parts over that last couple years, but i want to make sure i make the right combination before doing it. i have an e-cam, ported upper and lower with larger (70mm?) i believe, throttle body, not installed. It is my understanding that the biggest power robber on these 5.0's is the heads. if you guys were doing a build up, what would you do with the info i have given you?

thanks a lot.

Aaron
mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
Hozer 88GTConv
Registered Member

Default Re: 91' build up

What do you want to do with it?
Hozer 88GTConv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #3
mudchucker
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozer 88GTConv
What do you want to do with it?

Well, this engine is actually a transplant into my Jeep wrangler. As i have been lurking around this site for quite some time, finding tips and tricks, i know you guys are the wealth of information and the best at finding extra horsepower out of these engines. So to answer the question, i run Mud Bogs. That is why i would like to stay with the speed density if at all possible. I guess to add to my first question, i am looking to spend 2k or less. So what are your best power adders to get this thing to sling some mud?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
mudchucker
Registered Member

Ok guys, i have been reading a lot of the other posts on here and i think i have a better idea as to what to do. i would really like your opinions on the best combo. I have an e-cam and it looks like the windsor sr. heads are a nice set for this. also the gt40 intake with a nice port job and 70mm throttle body. I am using speed density, so will i need to increase my injector size, or should the stockers be ok/? any advice is appreciated.
\Thanks
Old 02-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
redsn95vert
Registered Member

Just my 2 cents....but if you're changing the heads, cam, and intake, you're going to have all sorts of problems. Speed density cars are faster in stock trim than mass air cars, but the mass air cars are much more receptical to mods.
Good Luck
95 GT convertable, ported+polished GT40 heads, port matched upper and lower Cobra intake manifold, Flowthech headers, Catco hi-flow h-pipe with 2 hi-flow cats, Mac true fit catback exhaust, 3.73 gears, underdrive pullies, Edelbrock 70mm throttle body, Mac cold air intake, FMS 24lb injectors, Granatelli 75mm mass air
redsn95vert is offline   Reply With Quote