MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
amfw
Registered Member

Exclamation 92 mustang LX started beeping when started

Help! It beeps like a microwave that's done----5 short beeps, a pause then again 5 times total-20 beeps, then it stops and won't do it again until I start it up again....plus, it's intermittent, doesn't do it all the time....I've had it for 7 years and it's never done it before----I just passed 86,000 miles....Anyone know what it is? It sounds like it's coming from under dash near radio and glove box!!!!!!

thanks, AMFW
amfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
Notch-R
Registered Member

Default Re: 92 mustang LX started beeping when started

its some kind of alarm,maybe dealer installed.i have the same thing going on with my 92. getting ready to replace the dash so i'll find it then.
Notch-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
buckneked7719
Registered Member

my car is doing this as well its also a 92 lx the beeping is coming from a light blue box behind the ac control above the radio.it has 2 connectors on one end. one is black the other is gray.on my car the air bag light was on.while working on the heater i noticed the gray connector was unplugged so i plugged it back in .and now the airbag light has gone off but im getting the same beeping coming from the box.i dont know what the beeping is caused from but the blue box has something to do with the air bag.you can unplug the gray connector and it will stop the beeping with no other side affects besides the light coming on and your airbag not working.im thinking of asking ford what the beeping means.if i cant find out there is a small hole in the box where the speaker is for the beep.im going to either open it up and cut the wire or put some tape over it to muffle it
buckneked7719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
daysleepin
Registered Member

Sounds to me like you have plugged in something that does not belong to that year of car.

Do you have a gas gauge that does not work?

My son once had a 91 LX 2.3 that had that beeping thing going on and
the gas gauge did not work. So we replaced the whole instrument cluster from a known 91 parts car and both the the gas gauge started working and the beeping went away. The previus owner did admit to replacing the speedo cluster when the speedometer died.

We suspect his replacement came from the wrong year
daysleepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
goodyear1984
Registered Member

are all the gauges working...u will get that noise if you unplug the cluster
347 stroker all forged,arp everything,stud mains w/girdle,7qt pan,full roller, custom cam, aluminum heads swirl valves 5 angle valve job.quick fuel 750,areomotive pump,cobras w/nitto drags,and m/t et drags for the track, ford racing 373 gears,centerforce clutch,tko500,underdrive pulleys,bassani x-pipe,flowmasters
^best et so far 11.6 1.61 60ft coming soon 9sec et's
1992 mustang gt
2001 gmc 1500 4x4
78 century boat
92 skidoo
goodyear1984 is offline   Reply With Quote