MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-26-2001, 02:50 PM   #1
RonJohn
Registered Member

Question '93 Cobra Bumper Install

I know many of you have put the '93 Cobra bumper on your GT's, so please tell me how they bolted up. I tried to order an original ford bumper today, but was told I would need the rear bumper bracket in addition to the bumper cover. Only problem is Ford discontinued the brackets. I was looking for an original part because I have heard some stories of less-than satisfied customers from folks who purchased from Cervini, or ABCExclusive. Any advise would be appreciated.

------------------
93GT, K/N, 3.73 gears, Aluminum Driveshaft, FMS headers, Bassani X-pipe, Flowmasters, King Cobra Clutch, Cobra 4-disc brakes.
RonJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 08:17 PM   #2
Nutty 5.0
Registered Member

Hopefully I can help. I had a Cervini's and a (presently) Ford. To avoid a long story I'll keep it short. Get the Ford as it will attach better at the sides by reusing the side bumper brackets. The only thing you'll need is some flat brackets. The best way to do it is buy the bumper and put it on the car. Then you can see two holes meant for the now unavailable 93 cobra rear bumper lower brackets. I got two brackets and bolted them up to the cobra bumper. Then have someone help you line up that lower section (you'll see what I mean when you get it as its floppy and is why you even need to do this) so it looks right. Then drill and attach the brackets to the holes you just drilled and walla!

You will have to drill out the lower rear GT bumper brackets. They are riveted on. No big deal, just time.

The Cervini piece eliminates the need to rig up brackets because they have a plate bonded into the bumper.

------------------
See my car HERE
93 GT Red/Grey
S trim, Edelbrock 6037 heads, E cam, BBK longtubes w/cats, 3 chamber Flowmasters, Cobra intake, Kirban fuel regulator, BBK 70mm t.b., 75mm Pro-M meter, 1.7 roller rockers, Mac upper and lower strut tower braces, FMS lowering springs, Factory Five upper and lower control arms, Speedware Cobra R 17X9 wheels, 3.73 gears & more.
DYNO=435.6 hp/405.1 tq at rear wheels.
Nutty 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 08:33 PM   #3
StangDan
Registered Member

Go with the original ford. It took me two people, 5 hours, a sawzall, and a whole $hitload of aggrivation to get my bumper on. In my opinion it is DEFINATELY worth the extra money for a FORD part. Try Mustang parts specialties. They should have one for a Fair price
http://www.stangparts.com
StangDan is offline   Reply With Quote