MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-16-2001, 09:22 PM   #1
Saleen308
Registered Member

Unhappy NE1 have vibration problems with Centerforce clutch

Ever since I have had this dual friction clutch it vibrates bad between 3500 to 4500 rpm then it goes away.

The pilot bearing, throw out bearing, pressure plate and clutch are new. The fly wheel was resurfaced.

------------------
347 stroker, TFS track heat heads ported and polished, ported GT-40 intake,70mm TB ans spacer,75mm MAF,K&N,24lb injectors,1 5/8" mac long tubes, off road h-pipe, FMS "z" cam, FMS plug wires, NGK plugs, FMS aluminum drive shaft, Omega 1.6 RR, FMS 3 core radiator, Flowkooler waterpump, World class T5, Pro 5.0 shifter, Autometer Fuel psi gauge, Autometer A/F gauge, caster camber plates, Koni reds, Pan hard bar, S.S. brake lines, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, Walbro 255lph FP, Lakewood drivesha
Saleen308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 02:13 AM   #2
over 40 five oh driver
Registered Member

Cool

Hey guy...I'm right up the road from you in Spring, Texas. Did you install the CF yourself? If so, did you index the driveshaft for reinstallation? It doesn't take much to get an imbalamce...Not getting the bellhousing torqued properly to the block...worn pilot bearing...tranny not torqued to the bellhousing properly...pressure plate not seated evenly onto the flywheel...flywheel, or bellhousing runout out of tolerance...driveshaft not indexed properly...tranny mount bad or not torqued...internal tranny problem. Mine had a vibration across the entire RPM range and I pulled it all back apart and found the pressure plate was not fully seated around the entire circumference of the flywheel due to incorrect pressure plate bolts I'd got from Summit. Anyways...hard to pinpoint it for ya, but just be methodical and I am sure you can get it narrowed down. Sounds like a nice ride you got there...maybe we'll see each other at Fun Ford/Houston Raceway Park. Good luck...Dave

------------------
*92' GT, Keith Craft Racing 306 (10.25:1 CR), PRO-M 80mm MAF,65MM TB, Edelbrock U/L intake,
TFS-TW heads milled .056" (52cc chambers), CompCams XE274HR (.555/.565" lift w/1.6 rockers), A-351 adjustable roller rockers, 30# injectors,
Kirban FPR w/external pump, FRPP ceramic coated headers, Bassani X-pipe w/cats, Bassani cat back, Centerforce DF clutch/T.O. bearing...MSD 6AL w/MSD distributor, Steeda Tri axe, aluminum D/S, 3.73's, w/Factory Five U/L control arms. Lakewood 50/50 shocks. Stee
over 40 five oh driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 07:46 PM   #3
Saleen308
Registered Member

I paid a shop to do it. It vibrated really bad when I first got it back. I took it back in and the alignment dowls were not aligned. When I got it back the second time it was better. I thought this vibration would eventually work itself out but it has not.

Since your in Houston stop by www.westsidemustangs.com
Saleen308 is offline   Reply With Quote