MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-01-2001, 03:53 PM   #1
quick89gt
Registered Member

Angry Fuel Pressure Gauge NOT working.

Well, I finally got the NPT fitting for my fuel pressure gauge sending unit. It's an electric autometer fuel pressure gague. I hooked it into the fuel line, hooked up the wires to their corresponding terminals...but no dice...it still doesn't work. The needle doesn't even bounce when I turn the ignition on, so could that mean that I don't have it powered right to the ignition wire in my column from where it's supposed to get its power? I am 99.9% sure that I had that wired up though...Josh

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Vortech S-Trim, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Screamin' Deamon Coil, 255lph Fuel Pump, T-Rex, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 04:29 PM   #2
CJ's94GT
Registered Member

On the wiring from the sending unit, did you hook the green wire to the terminal marked "wire shield" or did you use the bare wires wrapped around the other wires? I hooked the green wire (which doesn't get used) to the wire shield terminal but my gage still worked.

Now here's the dumb suggestion: If you put a fuse holder in the power wire, did you put a fuse in it? BTDT
CJ's94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 06:20 PM   #3
withamc
Registered Member

Another thought - you might need to remove the Schrader valve insert (pin). I made that mistake when I first hooked up my mechanical guage.
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 06:50 PM   #4
quick89gt
Registered Member

I did remove the schrader valve. I got to thinking and I think I actually fried the gauge after I first installed them a while ago when I was testing to mark which wire was which. I had the wires hooked up at the gauge, but needed to mark them under the hood for when I mounted my sending unit, so I just took one of the wires and touched it to the battery and used a tester inside to find which one it was...welll.....it was the sending wire and the directions say not to touch the ignition wire to the sending terminal b/c it might fry the gauge. Well...i put a full 12v right to that terminal...I'm thinking I fried it, b/c everything else is hooked up perfectly...josh

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Vortech S-Trim, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Screamin' Deamon Coil, 255lph Fuel Pump, T-Rex, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote