View Single Post
Old 08-08-2002, 04:40 PM   #6
venumus93
Registered Member

Default thanks from a Cub fan!

Quote:
Originally posted by chris91LX
You can reach up under the dash and remove the old quadrant. I didn't remove anything dashboard wise to replace my quadrant. I think it's a bit more of a PITA than 84LX89GT though. The quadrant is up under the dash above the gas pedal. The big part comes out real easy, it's the small back piece thats the PITA, you have to pry the spring off the end of the spindle thing it rides on and mess with the pedal in order to remove it. Alot of people just smash the plastic into pieces to get it out usually after messing with it for awhile (good therapy). Good luck, though IMO the Summit guys aren't really all that knowledgeable most of the time. You don't need a new quadrant or cable unless there's something wrong with the original. If you do keep the factory quadrant it has to be "reset" with a new clutch though, just so you know.
Thanks Chris91LX! We'll figure this thing out once & for all! To 'reset' the quadrant, is that just part of setting it up right when installing the new clutch & attaching the cable to it?
Thanks again for your help! btw, my parents are from Chi-town, Dad a Sox fan, Mom a Cub fan(me too), & granny still lives in Norridge(5min from OHare), so thanks to a family neighbor!
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote