MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-04-2001, 10:25 PM   #1
89lxinwky
Registered Member

Question Advice?

Getting ready to start a long, fun process of modifying my '89 LX 5 speed. This is my 3rd 5.0 in the last 10 yrs. But this is the 1st time I've had extra money to spend on one. This one's only got 56k so it's a keeper. Needing advice on where to begin and go from there. Exhaust is done (Mac shorties, h-pipe, flow tubes, flowmasters). In process is 3.73s. In the next year or so I plan on getting a new set of heads/cam (maybe TFS ported TW/mild TFS cam), so in the meantime I want to upgrade everything else to get to that point. I'm thinking next maybe intake (TFS street), >70 MAF, and maybe 1.7 RRs? Would this be a decent setup until I'm ready for heads/cam. When the heads/cam go on, I know I'll need probably 65mm TB and 24 or 30lb injectors and maybe bigger fuel pump. Right now, for performance should I just go ahead and get a K&N panel with a bigger MAF. I'm thinking this will flow just fine until later on when I'm ready to dress it up a little and get a fenderwell kit. Also, MAF, I like the C&L 76mm kit with tube to TB. I don't want to hurt low-mid range power so is this a good idea or should I get a smaller one and use the stock tube to TB? I also like the C&L's because I can get the 19# sampling tube now and then when I get bigger injectors just get the appropriate tube. Or should I wait until I get the bigger TB, injectors before I upgrade the MAF? I know somebody's already done all this so I was just wanting some pointers. Thanks

------------------
'89 LX 5.0
89lxinwky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2001, 11:12 PM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

you definently want to keep the stock TB until you do other stuff, cause you will loose torque. on the MAF, i think you might as well wait till you are getting new injectors, so you don't have to get it recalibrated. go ahead and get a k&n panel, rip out the air silencer, and get some gears. have fun!

------------------
90LX AOD Convertable: Lakewood control arms, FMS springs.
Best 1/4: 15.277@92.25 (2.27 60')
AIM: dinomite1, roadracestang
dinomite@softhome.net
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote