MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2001, 09:39 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Question Guitarists, I need your quick advice.

I posted about getting a new Classical guitar and got lots of great advice from you all.

I went by the local music store and they had a bigger selection than b4 (4 classical guitars!!). Anyway, I played one really nice one for about an hr., trying different techniques, listening to quality, feel, looks. It looks pretty good (my taste), sounds very good and has a 3 band equalizer and built in pickup. The name brand is La Patríe. Never heard of it. It's made in Canada.

It was the best sounding one in there. Perfect amoung of action on the strings, beautiful sound, good looks, and the added benefit of being able to plug it in an amp. Price is $599 and I told them that it would have to come with wooden case for me to buy it. I have them holding it for me until Friday when I will go and tell them my decision whether to get it or not.

I don't want to be greedy and try to hold out for the best guitar at the lowest price b/c that would take forever, but I also don't want to settle for less than perhaps I could get. It is well below my price range ( < $1100). Honestly, I am not in love with the guitar, that's why I am not totally sure about getting it and want your advice. If I want to get a better one or searhc for more, I will have to go out of town. I hope that fact isn't making me quick to buy this one b/c it is in town. But then again, like I said, it sounds really good. ONe of the best I've heard--honestly. Hard to explain.

Let me know what you think please.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a couple of weeks b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote