MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-11-2002, 11:11 AM   #1
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Default How does Forced Induction Change the air flow?

First off anyone use the kenne belle screw supercharger?DO i need a intake if i get this model and if not does it have an RPM range?

Secondely How exactly does forced induction affect air flow?

Such as If my heads have huge ports is that better or worse for a supercharged engine?

What is a good combo for a 7,000 RPM shift point Mustang thats supercharged?

Looking for around 550 to 600 RWHP

Also has anyone seen a whole mustang ffront end liek fiberglass or plastic.

THanks Guys

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 02:59 PM   #2
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

hey i'm not exactly sure about this, as i don't have a supercharger, but what i've read on it is that normally aspirated, on the mustang, the air is sucked in through the front grill to the MAF into the intake at that weird off angle bend caused by the flexible tube near the upper intake manifold. with forced induction, you've eliminated that angle deal with the MAF and the air is now travellling directly to the intake by the aluminum piping with more force caused by the supercharger belt driven by the motor . the result is more air= more power. but the bad part is all that extra air has to go some place after its spent and the side effect is with the metal piping there will be overheating of the engine at high rpms. check your injectors, fuel pump, lower the compression, dished pistons, and add an intercooler should work wonders for the engine and its parts life.

check me on this if your not sure.

happy vette killin.
oh n0 50

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 04:22 PM   #3
gtsr515
Registered Member

Superchargers effect the flow of air by obviously pressurizing it, it also creates lots of heat, from the compression, it also effectively changes (raises) the compression ratio too. Some racers add nitrous to there supercharged package to help cool the intake charge, effectively increasing power.
Old 05-11-2002, 08:42 PM   #4
jimmyjamed
Registered Member

the amount of boost is dependent on the engine too. an engine with hogged out intake and heads has more volume and boost pressure would be less for a given blower on that engine versus say a stock engine.
jimmyjamed is offline   Reply With Quote