MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-15-2002, 08:36 PM   #1
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

Unhappy Advice needed badly......

Well guys, I don't know where to start, there is so many things happening at once that I need to get off my chest.
First off, Today my parents tell me that my g/f has to move out by Aug. 1st, of course that didn't go over well with me because I love her and don't want to live without her. I tell them if she has to leave, I'm gone too. I don't make enough money to get an apartment and she doesn't work right now so our only option is to move with her mom in Florida who greets us with open arms. We plan on leaving here around the 10th of August. I'm worried that my car isn't going to make the drive without something breaking, it's a 1300 mile trip. What should I do to prep it before I make the trip. I guess another alternative is to tow it with a U-haul, but that will cost a pretty penny.
Second, not as big of a deal, I tried to remove my cats and install my off road H-pipe tonight and the bolts were ssssoooo rusted, it looked like the thread was rusted off. I now will have to pay someone to change it and with my current situation, I NEED all the money I can get.
Lastly, and yes a big deal, for the 3rd time in a week and a half my car has died. It has died unconsistantly also. The first time I was driving at like 1300rpm and let off the gas, stepped back on it and nothing. I changed the TFI module and it started and worked fine for a couple days. The 2nd time I was at 5000rpm and it just died, it started the next day no problem so I changed the fuel pump relay just incase. The 3rd time which happened about 30 mins ago, I was at at stop sign about to pull away and it just died, thankfully I was 2 houses away from mine.
What the hell should I do about everything guys?? I need advice about life and cars. I'm bumming right now.

Best to date: 14.331@97.46mph with 14*/stock fan/short belt and a 2.222 60' in 90 degree weather

Waiting to put on Off road H and 1 5/8 headers

Rice Hater's Club #36

Last edited by MattwantsSpeed; 07-15-2002 at 10:51 PM..
MattwantsSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 10:54 PM   #2
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

anything guys? please

Best to date: 14.331@97.46mph with 14*/stock fan/short belt and a 2.222 60' in 90 degree weather

Waiting to put on Off road H and 1 5/8 headers

Rice Hater's Club #36
MattwantsSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 01:26 AM   #3
Casper5.0
Registered Member

Sounds like it could be a fuel pump, if it does that sort of thing after running for a while. Mine wouldn't start right back up after dying though, had to let it sit for 5 minutes or so and then would start back up. About those bolts if you soak them with WD40 or some sort of lube they should break loose. Mine were the same way on my old GT and they came loose with a little roughin' up. Sorry about your tough luck. Maybe this will help......

RYAN
94 cobra, steeda tri-ax, bbk longtubes, dr. gas x pipe, eec tuner, ultra flo's, 65 mm tb, underdrives, 75 mm MAF, homemade CAI, steeda #19 cam, Steeda LCA's, 3.73's, subframes

13.7 @ 103.03 before cam and gears
Casper5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote