MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2002, 03:19 PM   #1
Mustang_GT_90
Registered Member

Default AFR 165's or other heads with cam and stock induction

I was just wondering if anyone had tried putting AFR 165's or other heads on a stock 302 HO with a cam and keeping the stock induction. I'm kind of up in the air on whether I want to carb my car or keep it injected so I'm thinking about going ahead and putting cam and heads then deciding later.
I'm cranking 13.30s on stock motor and 12.40s on spray. I've got some suspension stuff on the way and I'm counting on low low 13s or high 12s on the stock motor when I can make it stop spinning next season. I'd like to go ahead and push it into the 12s on motor though. The stock injectors are rated to what like 330-350 horse something like that but I'd say that's with 100% efficiency. AFR did this setup on a stock 95 GT with stock everything and they got like 60 horse but they also had the stock cam. I've got headers and some other stuff they had on there build list when they got 100 horse out at the wheels with the head swap.
I just thought it'd be interesting to see if anybody had tried this before they did induction stuff(intake, injectors, tb...) and what kind of numbers they were cranking.
If you guys have done anything like this with another brand of head too that information would be great as well. Dyno results, ET's and gains whatever ya got.
Thanks in advance.
Check out our clubs website at http://www.stanggang.com
Mustang_GT_90 is offline   Reply With Quote