MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-05-2001, 04:35 PM   #1
PrplMonster
Registered Member

Question Aftermarket computers?

Hey guys.. Whats the best aftermarket computer setup, like ACCEL DFI or the holley setup, and any others! I was looking into buying a chip but, i wouldn't mind having the ability to tune myself.. any suggestions..?
PrplMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2001, 07:05 PM   #2
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Hmmmm I think Felpro's FI setup is the hot ticket fpr speed density.

As for interfacing with stock electronics (ie mass air) the EPEC and AFM PMS (?) are looking pretty good. byind that you've got the Extender which just allows you to adjust A/F ratio and rev limits, its dumbed down compared to the EPEC and PMS, but the extender does allow some adjustability.

The Speedbrain had promise, but from what I understand tech support was next to or completely nonexistant, plus correct me if I'm wrong but the Speedbrain is DOA.

If you have a later model car with a flash programable memory the Saleen computer might be worth something, but based on what I've seen about some of thier chassis parts in the corner carver section I'm skeptical.

However IMO the EEC-IV is a pretty good system to work with provided you gain an understanding of how it works and your not running something with like 720 degrees of duration at .050 with 9000 lbs/hr injectors and the mass air mounted over a hole in a box where the T-body and manifold should be.

I was checking out Pro-M's site and the generic flow data sheets. It was interesting stuff from purely a MAF standpoint and how to select and tune for it. The article was Airflow vs. RPM if I remeber correctly and pretty much came down to resolution based on airflow/injector size/voltage
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2001, 07:18 PM   #3
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Hey I hope the Accel DFI is good Mine comes in 4 days. You do not need to have Mass Air with Accel DFI

------------------
14.62@96.9 Engine: Steal Mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, Home ported Lower Intake, No power steering, No A/C
Drive Train: 3.55, World Class T-5, Lakewood Bell housing, Adjustable Clutch Cable, AL Driveshaft
Suspension: MAC Control Arms, Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Springs, Bilstein Shocks
Exhaust: 1 5/8 UN-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\back
Cooling: 3 Core Radiator

Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote