MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-10-2001, 10:53 PM   #1
RUSTANG
Registered Member

Post Aftermarket gauges in 85 dash, wire breakdown inside

For anyone wanting to install aftermarket gauges in your 85 mustangs; here is the wire break down for the 85 gauge cluster. The how to is up on my site but I have not added in the wire colors to that page yet. That should be updated monday. For the how to go to www.flemworld.com look under How To's>>85 How To's..Upgrading the gauges..

1. Dash illumination = Light Blue with red stripe
2. Ground = Ground to Chassis but the wire color is black.
3. Fuel Guage = Yellow and black hash line
4. Oil = White with red stripe
5. Water = Red with White stripe
6. Tach = Dark green with yellow stripe
7. Safety belt light = Dark green with light green stripe
8. High Beam = Light green with black stripe
9. Left turn siganl = Light green with white stripe
10. right turn signal = White with light blue stripe
11. Low oil light = Red with yellow hash + Black with light blue stripe Red is hot, Black is the trigger from the relay.
12. Upshift light = Black with yellow stripe + gray with black stripe. Black and yellow is hot, gray is trigger from relay.
13. Brake light = red with yellow hash + Pink with white stripe. red is hot and pink is trigger from relay.
14. Power (Ignition "key" Wire) = Red with Yellow Hash line Note: Should be two of them. Run all the gauges off one of the hot wires and if you are using any of the list above hook them to the otherred wire. Else split the gauges between them.

------------------
Currently rebuilding my 85 Mustang GT from the frame up. Check out my site for info on my car and specific information on the 85 Mustang.
http://www.FlemWorld.com
RUSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 10:29 PM   #2
withamc
Registered Member

Thanks for the info. You replied to a post I had re: replacing the guages in my 86GT a month or so ago. Took a look at your web page - I liked what I saw. I'm assuming the harness is similar in an 86.
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 11:06 AM   #3
Harry
Registered Member

Cool

Hey Rustang!

Long time no see, I was wondering what happened to you. I had tried going to your site a while back, but it must have been down. Glad to see you are still around.

Hey, send me an email will you? You made an offer to me about a year ago about '85 web pages, but I never heard from you again. I am interested now.

------------------
See my 1985 Mustang GT
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote