MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 04:29 PM   #1
buckneked7719
Registered Member

Default air conditioning heater problem

i have a 92 mustang 5.0 the airconditioner/heater blows out of the defroster vent when you step on the gas while cruising. when you let off and maintaina steady speed the air comes out of the dash vents any help would be appreciated its very annoying
buckneked7719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
gtnby2
Registered Member

Default Re: air conditioning heater problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckneked7719 View Post
i have a 92 mustang 5.0 the airconditioner/heater blows out of the defroster vent when you step on the gas while cruising. when you let off and maintaina steady speed the air comes out of the dash vents any help would be appreciated its very annoying
First question, can you switch between defrost and vents with the climate control knob and it works? if yes, the vacuum lines are hooked up, it maybe that the vac line comeing from under the hood is plugged or cracked. If not, open the glove box and pull in on both sides to release the tabs (the tabs keep it from falling to the floor). when you do, you can see behind the glove box is a vacuum bank that controls the fuctions and fresh air intake. check the lines (CAREFULLY) to see if one is off or damaged. I had a similar problem in my 91 when a line came off and I only had defrost. if all that is in good shape I'm stumped too.
gtnby2 is offline   Reply With Quote