MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-24-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Default Aligment

I am having an aligment done to my car this weekend, does anyone here heve a particular adjustment that they like or you just let the garage decides the best adjustment.
I read once in "mustang and fast ford" that the mustangs tend to pull more one way therefore you have to adjust the "toe" to counter act for the difference.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 05:02 AM   #2
da89cup
Registered Member

Post The shop will know what to do

Don't worry about the toe. The mechanics at the shop have to do the allignment so that when you pick up the car, & drive it, it goes straight. Now, don't expect the car to go straight for 50 miles either. As long as the car doesn't start pulling right away, then it's fine. When the allignment is done, there should be a 0.5 degree pull purposely put on the car towards the left side. This is done to compensate for the road crown which is the slope that streets have towards the right.