MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-30-2001, 12:55 AM   #1
ARMYMANUS
Registered Member

Angry TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE HELPED ME

WELL FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS GIVEN ME ANY LITTLE PEACE OF INFO, OR ANY LITTLE TIP. YOU ALL HAVE HELPED ME ALOT. WELL ON WED/AUG/29/O1 I WAS ON MY WAY TO CLASS, MY FRIEND WAS GOING OUT TO MY HOUSE WONDERING WHERE I WAS, N I TURNED LEFT AT A BLIND INTERSECTION. MY FRIEND LOCKED HIS MUSTANG UP, BUT PLOWED INTO ME ON THE PASSENGER SIDE REAR, RIGHT ON THE GAS TANK LID. HE DIDNT DO THAT MUCH DAMAGE TO MY CAR, UNTILL THE *** END SWUNG AROUND AND HIT A SUBERBEN(SHERMIN TANK MORE LIKE IT)IT TOTALY MESSED UP THE BACK END OF MY CAR, CASING ME TO GO TO THE HOSPITOL FOR 5 1/2 HOURS. I WAS LUCKY TO WALK AWAY WITH A SPRANG NECK. TO BAD I CANT SAY THAT ABOUT MY BABY(MY CAR). WELL NOW I NEED EVERY ONE TO GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS, SHOULD I CHOP THE BACK END, N REWELD A NEW ONE, OR BY ONE FROM A JUNK YARD, WITH THWE BACK END IN GOOD CONDITION, N SWAP THE FRONT END OF THE CAR? IT IS A 86, HATCHBACK. SO ALL THE BACK IS ONE PIECE. WELL ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH. YOUR FRIEND.

JUSTIN CARRELL
ARMYMANUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 12:59 AM   #2
aonick
Registered Member

ther is 2 things that you need to do call stangparts.com and ther not bad on prices or call a junk yard
aonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 01:02 AM   #3
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Well the important thing is you will live to see another day and more mustangs but i guess a backend would due, but nowadays you could probaly buy another stang for a decent price, perhaps a 4banger, and swap out parts, good luck on a decision, at least you were not injured, and mainly your car.

------------------
90 lx coupe: 5spd, 177k miles, steeda water pump pulley, Mac coldair fenderwell, Mac h-pipe, supercoil, ADS chip, 160 stat, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods:4.10's, slicks.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 01:12 AM   #4
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World
I Would personally get an insurance claim. they should pay for it (- the 100 deductable, or so) and they will either give you the choice to get the car fixed, or if its bad, they will just give you money.

DO NOT CUT THE CAR IN HALF UNLESS YOU HAVE A BODYSHOP TO WORK AT

i work at an autobody shop, and to cut a car in half, pull it off, get another back half, get things lined up (properly) weld the back end up, bondo it to look good, sand the back end, re-wire it, primer the back, sand it again, then get it painted is more work than you ever want to do.

just fixing the front on my car (no cutting) took well over 200 hours for me to do, and thats with only 2 places to weld, bondo dents, get front lined up, primer,sand,paint. if i were to do it again, i would have just spent the extra money to get a car that didnt need that work.

you will have tons of respect for the car if you do it yourself..

its your choice

------------------
1988 Mustang GT, T-5
3.08's, No Smog Pump (Shorty Belt), Dumps At The End Of Stock H-Pipe, K&N Air Filter (Stock Air Box), Removed Air SilencerMy Stang
My Site (Not Done Yet)
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote