MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-27-2001, 03:48 PM   #1
moponys
Registered Member

Post Another Detonation Problem and TPS?

About a month and a half ago I had heads, cam, injectors, fuel pump, pro-m 75mm, 70mm tb and all the other little stuff. It was running pretty good then, only pinging when it was 90 or 100 degress outside or when I really got on it.

Within the past two weeks, it's been pinging a lot not only at WOT but at POT too. I mean I can't even barely step on the gas without detonation.

I still have the stock computer setup and should be getting a custom JMS chip within a couple of days.

Could this chip help me or could it be something else. I've read about a lot of you guys talking about the TPS but aren't quite sure what that is. The gas I run is 91 octane (highest in the area) and the fuel pressure is set to 42psi.

Any Ideas???

------------------
TFS twisted wedge heads, TFS street intake, Lunati cam .500/.510 218/226, BBK FPR
BBK shorties, BBK 70mm tb, Pro-m 75mm, ASP pulleys, FMS 3:73, Transgo shiftkit
Flowmasters, Bassani x-pipe, K&N FIPK, FMS 1.6 roller rockers, 9mm wires,24lbs injectors,
190lph fuel pump, MSD cap and rotor, 18" wheels w/street tires
moponys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 05:36 PM   #2
moponys
Registered Member

Well what do you know...I guess a plugged radiator could cause the detonation too along with 240 degree water temperature. Too bad my temp gauge isn't accurate enough to let me know as it wasn't even to the midway point of the word NORMAL.

------------------
TFS twisted wedge heads, TFS street intake, Lunati cam .500/.510 218/226, BBK FPR
BBK shorties, BBK 70mm tb, Pro-m 75mm, ASP pulleys, FMS 3:73, Transgo shiftkit
Flowmasters, Bassani x-pipe, K&N FIPK, FMS 1.6 roller rockers, 9mm wires,24lbs injectors,
190lph fuel pump, MSD cap and rotor, 18" wheels w/street tires
moponys is offline   Reply With Quote