MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2001, 04:13 PM   #1
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Post Another head question

I was pretty set on ordering the TF-TH intake and heads, but I was talking to another dealer here in Indianapolis and he said he could get me a set of Dart heads with 2.05-1.6 valves, complete with springs locks retainers etc..Everything but the roller rockers for $850 bucks. The heads are cast..Is this a good deal? He said dart makes great heads but I dont know much about them, he said usually when he builds 347's thats what he suggests to the people he is building them for. What kind of intake would match those heads. Thanks
Derek Ramsey

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Tremec, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Wires, Ram Air, K&N, 73mm MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, BBK Headers, Hurst Shifter, 3:73 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC, smog, and rear seat deleted, battery relocated
Awaiting new heads, intake, custom cam

[This message has been edited by Smokedawg (edited 10-23-2001).]
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 10:01 PM   #2
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

COME ON GUYS!!

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Tremec, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Wires, Ram Air, K&N, 73mm MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, BBK Headers, Hurst Shifter, 3:73 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC, smog, and rear seat deleted, battery relocated
Old 10-23-2001, 11:17 PM   #3
vande97
Registered Member

what was the name of company in Indy??
vande97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 11:24 PM   #4
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Are you sure they have 2.05 valves? I know Dart makes the Windsor Sr. heads with 2.02/1.60 valves. 850 even seems a little steep for those, I seem to remember Summit having those heads assembled for like 795. I would stick to your original plan with the Trick Flows, they are a hell of alot lighter and are matched with that intake, which I heard is great, not to mention they will look sweet too, just my opinion, John
NotchJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 11:24 PM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

So you'd like to compare the Dart Srs with the TFS TW stuff? The iron heads will cause you problems with detonation, preignition if you go too high on the CR. The aluminum heads will require a good cooling system but be less finicky.

The Sr's flow very very linear. TFS flow a much better curve.

Personally, I'd rather have the streetability of the aluminum heads.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 12:05 AM   #6
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Exclamation

If you are talking about Indy Mustang "Performance" then stay away from them, they are a bunch of slaps that dont know a 5.0 from a lawnboy

sorry, thats just how i feel

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframes, 65mm TB, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph f/p, Crane Adj.FPR, Nitto drag radials, best 1/4--> 13.76@101.4 on a 2.17 60ft
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 08:08 AM   #7
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

I am refering to Quinlin Automotive off of Madison Avenue on the south side..If you have been on this site long you will know that I do not have a very good cooling system and thats why I wanted to go with cast heads. In stop and go traffic my car likes to run about 240 if I remember correctly. Sometimes hottor...The only thing that I havent tried to keep it cool is a High Flow water pump.
Derek

------------------
Old 10-24-2001, 11:09 PM   #8
vande97
Registered Member

If you are talking about Indy Mustang "Performance" then stay away from them, they are a bunch of slaps that dont know a 5.0 from a lawnboy

I THINK THEY ARE A GREAT PLACE!!!, I JUST BOUGHT A MOTOR FROM THEM AND THIS THING RUNS LIKE A CHAMP, THE GUY THAT BUILT IT FOR ME BENT OVER BACK WORDS TO GET IT DONE IN A SHRT TIME AND HAVE IT TO MY DOOR IN A HURRY, HE NEEDED A FEW EXTRA DAYS TO GET IT DONE BUT THAT WAS ONLY BECAUSE THE AIR MAIL GOT BEHIND DURING THE NY BOMBING, SO WHEN HE WAS DONE HE DROVE IT UP HERE( 3HR DRIVE) GOT HERE AT 1AM IN THE MORNING HIMSELF JUST TO GET IT TO ME QUICKER. NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL DEDICATION!!
vande97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: