MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-21-2001, 10:23 AM   #1
Jaydee
Registered Member

Post Interior paint

My 87 LX has a two tone gray dash that needs a little touch up. I am looking to match the darker gray color. Have tried charcoal (not even close) and have checked with many of the parts places (Mustangs Unlimited, California Muustangs etc.) and no one carries a match for this color. Does anyone know if this color is avaliable and where?

------------------
1965 K code coupe - numbers matching - restoration ongoing. 1987 LX notch, stock heads and intake, 3.55's and typical bolt on's 13.89@100.25
Jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 10:25 AM   #2
Green92LX
Registered Member

Hey Jaydee, I'm from North Haven....where do you hang out???
Green92LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 10:36 AM   #3
Jaydee
Registered Member

Mostly get around to a lot of the local cruise nights and shows. Belong to the Ford club in Wallingford. We run a Saturday night cruise twice a month at the Wal Mart on Rt 5, from May through Oct. If you haven't been there, come on down and check us out. Usually get 150 to 200 cars a night (sometimes more) and all of it pretty nice stuff.

------------------
1965 K code coupe - numbers matching - restoration ongoing. 1987 LX notch, stock heads and intake, 3.55's and typical bolt on's 13.89@100.25
Old 02-21-2001, 10:43 AM   #4
Green92LX
Registered Member

I've been to the Wal Mart cruise...its pretty cool. If you're from Meriden then you probably have seen my buddy Derricks yellow s-10. I think everyone in the area has seen that truck...chrome yellow with a purple beltline flame. He sold it to a kid from town a few months ago, but the truck is everywhere. Derrick is the "president" of our club, Allstar Hotrods. You ever go to the pike? I'm not one of those stupid kids acting like a dingus up there, but I am up there every Saturday night hangin out.

------------------
1992 5.0 LX, V-1 S-Trim @8LBS, Edelbrock 6037 Heads, Cobra Intake,E-303, 1.6 Roller Rockers,65MM Holley TB, 75 MM Pro M Mass Air, 190 LPH FP w/ 24 lb injectors,MSD 6A and BTM, BBK equal length shorties, offroad h-pipe,Mac Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0, 3.73's,Motorsport "C" springs,welded subframe connectors, Ponies w/ 225/50 Nittos, Dark Green w/ 93 Cobra Spoiler

Daily driver: 89 Coupe with 207K plus, BBK shorties,offroad h-pipe,2-chamber flowmasters with dumps
Green92LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 09:41 PM   #5
pro88
Registered Member

Take your car down to the nearest auto paint supply store and have them get their color chart books out and they shouldn't have a problem matching it for you. Also you have and interior color code in the door jamb. It should consist of a couple of letters, for example CL or something. The tag in the door should say "int" followed by the color code.
pro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 08:50 AM   #6
Jaydee
Registered Member

Green92LX - Went up to the pike a couple of Saturday nights last year with some of the guys from the club. One night was pretty cool but the other time, one of my friends got stopped and grilled for no apparent reason by the Berlin cops - from talking to other people we know, this is not all that unusual of an occurance

------------------