View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 03:12 PM   #9
Trefty
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Bopper
Carefull of what you take to heart from ICBC I bought a 90 GT convertable did a "dec" search it said only a couple of accidents under $500 some how they missed that the car had been written off !!!!!!!! My loss they said that sometimes stuff does'nt get entered into the data base ...

Check the front apron for damage it's pretty easy to see iif there has been any major damage...

Good luck...
Thanks for the tips! I know that the car has been in at least one collision, but it was on the passenger side at the rear. The damage was reported at just under $1000, so it wasn't too serious. The other claims on the car were for theft(stereo was stolen and valuables were stolen), and minor vandalism(car was keyed). The car looks like it is in pretty good shape and has low KM's for an '87(155,000 km). I checked out the registration's from ICBC and it appears that the odometer hasn't been rolled back(every GT I've looked at in Vancouver has had odometer fraud...). I can't believe that ICBC would miss something as big as a car being written off, but apparantly they sell a lot of cars that way, maybe your's was one of them? All in all, ICBC is pretty useless...

Quote:
If you want buy mine I'm broke and will sacrifice it for $3500.00 canadian... [/B]
I've actually already made an offer on the car I'm looking at(it's on Van. Island), but that is a sacrifice if you'd sell it for $3500(assuming it's in decent shape)! What type of condition is it in? How many km's? 5 speed? I'm not too interested in getting a convertible, but for $3500, that's be pretty hard to pass up. In any case, I'm in Powell River, so I'm only a ferry away!
Trefty is offline   Reply With Quote