View Single Post
Old 07-21-2001, 09:27 PM   #8
blkrain

If U go to the articles (tech) on this site, it will tell U what the main differences are b/n the 94/95 EEC vs the 93 and older ones.

This is what I remember. We have load and torque sencing abilities (kinda like the OBDs) built into the computer. In other words, everytime U perform a mod, car will be faster till the computer learns a way around it to reduce the torque as much as possible (reducing HP in the process) and return as close to stock as it possibly can. This usually takes up to 3 days and over 50 miles of driving. If U want to bet, take your car to the track, run it and get a baseline. Then dyno tune it with just changes to the fuel pressure and timing. Drive around for a couple of days and go back to the track. You wil run withen ONE mph trap speeds as what U did the first time out assuming weather conditions remain the same. Oh yes it does retard timing b/n shifts as well.

The A9L computer utilised by the Pro-M unit has a more aggresive timing curve and not to mention without the other capabilities our computers have. It retails for about $430 (what I bought mine for) to $500 and contains everything that was mentioned above. I do not know where u guys got that $800 from, but the closest thing to that will be the higher end Speedbrain. That, my dear friends is badass!!! I have seen it at work and was truely impressed.

------------------
TFS heads, Holley intake, AFM B-2 cam,
Black SN95
13.8 @105mph NA
13.2 @112mph 80hp NOS
Wet track, running on NOS setting on NA runs (pig rich and 8 deg timing, WITH CLOGED CATS)