View Single Post
Old 07-24-2001, 11:25 PM   #18
Piston
Registered Member

The PMS is what I got and love it. If all you are going to do to your car is minor mods then I would probably avoid the PMS or the Speed Brain. Also, between the brain and PMS, I was told told that the people that support it (which was like 2 or 3) are getting lazy about helping people out. They are a small little company and I don't know what kind of support you will get. Then again who knows about the PMS but when I was buying my a couple of sources told me to go with the PMS unit. So I did. Then I took it to Anderson to tune it. The car feels a lot better since the tune. Lets just say 325 rwhp but prior to that I don't think I was breaking 300 rwhp. I don't think Anderson is the best place to bring it for a tune either. I think someone else can squeee more power out my car. The thing I'm trying to say is go with something that's going to be around for a while. My information is not 100% accurate it's going off what people had said.

If you are serious about your EFI setup and have a craze for HP then go and buy the right thing the first time. If you are going to keep it mild then get a burnt chip or something along those lines. A 93 computer helps but I don't think it does as much good as a custom chip.
Piston is offline   Reply With Quote