MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-23-2001, 08:00 PM   #1
93GTDIN
Registered Member

Post immobilization of the 5.0

I'm leaving town for a while, and to ensure my car isnt driven by my parents or siblings, i want to leave the car immobilized. Is there any quick, reversible trick i can use to immobilize my car completely? (Other than unplugging the battery or taking all the keys) help is very appreciated.
93GTDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 08:12 PM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Take off your coil wire. And Hide it.
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 08:16 PM   #3
93GTDIN
Registered Member

How do I go about doing that?
Old 07-23-2001, 08:18 PM   #4
Five0
Registered Member

Two things that I can think of right off hand is to remove the rotor under the cap or in the trunk there is a switch on the rear of the car just behind the driver side light that you can take a key or something to pop the button up and that will disable the fuel pump.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
12.565 @109.38mph 1.764 60ft
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 08:29 PM   #5
93GTDIN
Registered Member

I have a convertible. Is that switch in the trunk in my car? Under the mat? where is it exactly?
Old 07-23-2001, 08:32 PM   #6
Stang Runner
Registered Member

The coil wire Is the one in the middle of the distributor the thing with all the spark plug wires on it. disable the fuel pump would be very good to it depens on how hard they try to get it to work and how much they Know about cars! I just start a big poject before I go and If they put it all back in 1 pice and they drive it they saved me form doing it. It has not yet happend to me yet
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 09:46 PM   #7
Five0
Registered Member

You will have to move the cover on the back wall of the trunk and there is a black box with a red button.
Stick a key under the button and push it up and the pump is shut off.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 12:11 AM   #8
dinomite
The Dude

i think taking the rotor is the best....
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 01:16 PM   #9
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Pour sugar in the gas tank. That way if they drive it at least they wont make it that far. Then when you get back you will have a good time redueing your stang.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 01:27 PM   #10
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Don't even joke about the sugar cus some dumb ricer might come in and think its a performance mod and ruin his car. Why bother taking the rotor out...unplug the coil wire...no coil...no start...don't pull a cylinder wire cus it will still run just not smoothly
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 05:49 PM   #11
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

I think it would be good if a ricer with a civic or someother type of honda thought it would give them performance..........it would save my ears next time i'm out and make him the brunt of all jokes from fellow ricers and other people........oh and a potato or 3 in ur coffee can will give u good back pressure

JAMES

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 06:53 PM   #12
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Check this out. I do this when I leave my car in a not so great spot.

Under the front drivers-side seat, there is a little metal bracket bolted to the floor. Take out the bolt that holds it there and you will see the fuel pump relay attached to it. Go ahead and seperate the relay from the metal bracket (and chunk the bracket....or keep it for scrap).

The relay consists of some wires coming into a connector with a large cube-shaped plug in it (fuel pump relay). Break off the tab that holds the plug on and pull the plug out of the connector. It will probably be pretty tough to get out he first few times. This will kill the power to your fuel pump. They won't go anywhere unless they just *happen* to have a spare fuel pump relay laying around.

When you're ready to go again, just plug the relay back in and go. It comes in handy in all kinds of places. If you have to park in a bad neighborhood, just reach under the seat and pull the relay out and pocket it when you park. It takes less than a second and the car will not go anywhere. It takes about as much time to put in when you're ready to go. Also, it is inconspicuous...nobody will know you've done it.

--nathan

------------------
--silver_pilate

'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You! heh heh heh...
--Texas Panhandle--
Check out my site

[This message has been edited by silver_pilate (edited 07-24-2001).]
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 08:07 PM   #13
David Fulford
Registered Member

Pull the coil wire. It's easy fast and effective. I like the talk about the ricers. I hate that #%$@. Some of them may be faster than my car but they will never sound like a V8. Sorry, had to vent.

------------------
1969 fast back; yellow; weld wheels; 302 roller with GT-40 heads; 3:55 gears; 5spd T-5; MSD 6AL; E-303; flows
David Fulford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 10:36 PM   #14
GreggN3
Registered Member

Loosen the nut on the top of the harness on the passengerside plug right on the firewall. If you just loosen it a little it will get no spark. It had me changing everything from computer to ignition module to fan controller etc etc etc. very easy and simple enough but NO ONE will figure it out.

------------------
95 GT converted to Cobra Clone
Edelbrock upper and lower intake, 70mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, Cobra 1.7 roller rockers, AFR 165cc heads o-ringed, FMS 24lb injectors, MAC longtube headers, Off road X-pipe, full mac exhaust, FMS frame stiffeners, trackit plus suspension kit, strut tower brace, 17" cobra Rs, FMS aluminum driveshaft with driveshaft loop, msd ignition

FINALLY FINISHED !
Http://www.nbacars.com
GreggN3 is offline   Reply With Quote