MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-06-2002, 10:23 PM   #1
11secondGT
Registered Member

Default Anyone ever used the ultra seal 5751 silicor head gaskets yet?

Well

after torching my second set of those junk locwire head gaskets I have had the heads machined and have decided to go with a graphite or better head gasket. I see that rol makes a good graphite gasket as well as ultra seal, but I also found that ultra seal has a new gasket called solicor. It is for boosted applications were compression ratios are over 12 to 1. Originally designed for diesel ap's where ratios are over 20 to 1. Summit racing has them in stock for 51.99 for the pair. I was wondering if anyone has used these and what they think.

I am switching away from the loc wires from fel pro because I have heard nothing but horror stories. I run a stock track heat head with ten pounds of boost and have blown 2 sets in 2 years. I always run race fuel, timing retard, and arp head studs. What I have heard is that the wire rings in these gaskets don't crush right and lead to failure on the ford app's. Unlike the chevy app's that have 5 bolts per cylinder. Anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks,
Ian Muller

10.87@127 on 275 bfg drag radial
11secondGT is offline   Reply With Quote