MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-04-2002, 11:17 AM   #1
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Question Anyone have a Grant wheel in their Fox?

I am trying to get ideas and just can't visualize the different Grant wheels in the interior of a Fox body. I'm afraid that if I pick a great looking steering wheel, it might look terrible in contrast to my interior. If anyone has some pics, they'd be greatly appreciated.....

Oh and if anyone has another suggestion other than Grant, I'm open to suggestions.

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 01:43 PM   #2
richd
Registered Member

I have a Grant in my stang..I have an '89 LX5.0 black with grey interior. I don't remember Grant's name for the wheel, but it looks EXACTLY like the Momo Monte Carlo. Not the best looking wheel, but it's simple and functional.

I really like it. In fact, it used to be on my fiancee's Nissan 240sx (used to be mine). Now that I put it in the Stang I get really annoyed driving the 240. The Grant wheel has a smaller diameter and better grip than just about any stock, non-wrapped wheel.

You could go with Momo, but they are overpriced. I've had the Grant for about 5 years and moved it between 4 different cars and the only problem so far is the very end of the stitching came loose. It's not really loose, just a small piece of string is hanging near the right spoke.

Anyway, good luck in your search. If I can get a picture I'll post it.

Rich D.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 03:28 PM   #3
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

I'm running a Grant GT. It's gray with black spokes and looks almost factory with the gray/black interior. It was without a doubt one of the best mods I've made. It doesn't add power, but it feels so much better grabbing that wheel than the ridiculous 1/2 inch thick stock wheel.

I don't have a way to post pics, but if you PM me with your street address, I would be willing to snail-mail you some.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 06:20 PM   #4
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

I have the GT Rally model. I like it a lot compaired to other wheels I've had in other cars, and far better then the stock one. The only down fall is I have to re-wire my cruise control so I can still use it.

NewEngland Auto www.baystategearheads.com
-91 Mustang Coupe, ex 4cyl (sold)
-99 F150, 3" lift, 35" Procomps, Magnaflow exhaust
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 10:55 PM   #5
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HiFlow5 0
I have the GT Rally model. I like it a lot compaired to other wheels I've had in other cars, and far better then the stock one. The only down fall is I have to re-wire my cruise control so I can still use it.

Hmm, now how did you re-wire it? Is there a stalk or something you can buy aftermarket? If it's too lengthy, can you PM me with details?

Oh, and thanx for the pics.

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 07:01 AM   #6
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

I haven't re-wired it yet, been too lazy to get involved in it. So I don't have any detailed directions on how to. But heres a car I took a picture of at a show which the owner had re-wired the cruise control. (down by the shifter) It also has a different style Grant wheel as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg remote spot cruise control.jpg (52.2 KB, 45 views)

NewEngland Auto www.baystategearheads.com
-91 Mustang Coupe, ex 4cyl (sold)
-99 F150, 3" lift, 35" Procomps, Magnaflow exhaust
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 07:14 PM   #7
Hissing Cobra
Registered Member

I've got a Grant Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel with 3 billet aluminum spokes and the billet aluminum center section. Against my black interior, it simply looks amazing. I agree with 89 Cobra LX. It's one of the BEST mods I've made so far. Unfortunately, I also have to rewire the cruise control as Grant doesn't make a kit for the older mustangs. Hey, HiFlow5 0, how did you rewire your's? I don't have a pic, but the part # is 1114 if you can locate Grant's catalog.
Hissing Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 06:38 PM   #8
z3beemer
Registered Member

Question Cruise Control Rewiring

HI All

Did anyone ever get around to rewiring your cruise control? If so any tips on how to do it? I'm working on an 87gt and have a grant gt wheel. The picture you attached looks good but now that I have the wheel off, I'm trying to figur out which wires to run. There are three contact points that stay in contact with the wheel at all times. I'm not sure if these are hot (12V) or not since the care is completely diassembled. If I relocate the switches do I need to run a hot wire doen to them? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Paul
z3beemer is offline   Reply With Quote