View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003, 08:51 AM   #2
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Sorry. It's not going to help.

The Tornado widget is suppose to create a vortex within the intake air stream, which supposedly helps with fuel atomization, thus increasing power and fuel economy. There are several reasons that I don't see this working.

For one, I doubt if it has any significant effect on creating a vortex within the air stream. Most likely I just see it causing more turbulence and decreasing the efficiency of your air charge. Also, if it did somehow create a vortex of sorts, that vortex still has to travel through the throttle body, throttle blade, and intake into the plenum, magically split into eight different mini-vortecies, and sustain itself through several fairly extreme bends before it sees any fuel. And then it undergoes the trauma of traveling through the valves into the chamber.... Yeah. I don't think so.

Anyway, 20 hp? Hades no. The only beneficial effect I see it having would be similar to a throttle body or intake spacer.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote