MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-17-2001, 11:07 AM   #1
Blown93LX

Smile Is anyone REALLY going to miss the Camero

I have a new 5.0 out of an explorer with the GT-40P heads on it. Does anyone know of a good aftermarket intake that works well with the GT-40P heads. I have a Vortech on it. It makes 13 psi but I am gonna bump it down to 8psi, for reliability. I have a Lunati blower cam, mam, injectors,and a throttle body and NOS. I'm not sure I'm gonna use the NOS with the blower. I'm just looking for a combo that is proven.

------------------
Old 08-17-2001, 05:02 PM   #2
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Smile

I'll miss the Camaro. (not camero).

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup someday)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 12:46 AM   #3
PKRWUD

As far as the title of this thread, I think the demise of the F bodies will result in a loss for everyone. The best analogy I can give is the radio stations here in So Cal. From 1969 until 1989, there were 2 main Rock stations on L.A. FM radio; KLOS and KMET. They battled back and forth, and always ensured good radio. If one station sucked, the other picked up the pieces. In 1989, KMET went under, and KLOS hasn't had any competition since. There were brief fights with stations like KNAC and Pirate radio, but KLOS no longer had to react to their listeners the way they used to. Today, KLOS is okay, but it's really just a weak version of what they used to be. Without the F bodies to threaten it, I fear the Mustang will follow the same path KLOS did.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 01:00 AM   #4
Blown93LX

I am an engineer for a MAJOR supplier for Ford. From what I know I can assure that the Mustang is not going anywhere in the near future. Here is something for you to think about...

2004 Mustang Gt......Supercharger from the factory......It is going to be made to compete with the Corvette, but at an affordable price.
Old 08-18-2001, 01:12 AM   #5
PKRWUD

As long as that doesn't become an excuse to raise the price beyond what most people consider to be "affordable". The Corvette is considered the best value there is for "affordable performance", but it's not in my price range. I certainly hope you're right!

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 12:41 PM   #6
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

i will really miss the camaros firebirds and t/a's

the fbodies are the fastest affordable(for everyday regular ppl)car on the market stock.....i was thinkin about a 2002 firebird formula next summer(of course the stang is here to stay though)
or a lightning
JAMES

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 01:36 PM   #7
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Blown93LX:
I am an engineer for a MAJOR supplier for Ford. From what I know I can assure that the Mustang is not going anywhere in the near future. Here is something for you to think about...

2004 Mustang Gt......Supercharger from the factory......It is going to be made to compete with the Corvette, but at an affordable price.
Yuck.... more parts and more money, save that for the Cobra (unless of course they plan on making a proper sports car called cobra)

I say bring back the LX, a nice naturally aspirated 5.0 two-valve motor with like 280 or 300 hp, a solid axle and a weight around 3100 lbs would be sweet

MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 02:50 AM   #8
429AL
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Sh*$ i would not count on ford to do anything the right way, they always fall short. and seems like they go the cheap route most of the time. but like they say its good marketing to sell you only half of what you want then sell you the rest as svt,svo or ford motorsports parts.
429AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 09:43 PM   #9
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Hate to say it, but all these people that think the 04 stang will compete with the 04 vette are complete idiots. Yeah it might compete with a 2000 345hp vette(maybe). But as technology steps up a notch, which it will, no way. I mean the Z06 is at 405hp right now running like 12.4's. And the new C6 is supposed to be badder than that. So get a clue before you speak. =P

------------------
1989 GT, 3:55's, full exhaust, 4 in. hood, Pro 5.0, etc... etc...

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!

http://www.geocities.com/i8urvpr/JM.html
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 12:15 AM   #10
Patrick Boetticher
Registered Member

im gonna miss kickin there *** . ( they few that i have in the 1 month that i have hadf my car running.. but seriosly they were a fast car for the money...
Patrick Boetticher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 01:37 AM   #11
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Blown93LX:Is anyone REALLY going to miss the Camero

Quote:
Originally posted by Blown93LX:
I have a new 5.0 out of an explorer with the GT-40P heads on it. Does anyone know of a good aftermarket intake that works well with the GT-40P heads. I have a Vortech on it. It makes 13 psi but I am gonna bump it down to 8psi, for reliability. I have a Lunati blower cam, mam, injectors,and a throttle body and NOS. I'm not sure I'm gonna use the NOS with the blower. I'm just looking for a combo that is proven.

lol

joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 02:52 AM   #12
84LX89GT
Mustangs

JL1314, i though i was the only one who noticed that the title of the thread didn't match the text AT ALL and that everyone talked about the title rather than the subject of the text. Either way i'm confused , whatever works i guess. I think Camaros and Firebirds are good competition for mustangs and makes ford have to step up the notch a bit in value and performance (sort of like how the gov't splits up companies for more competition for lower prices and better value).
-What i've heard: there was a rumor that the camaro will be killed totally, which is supposedly FALSE. They Camaros and Firebirds will be discontinued for 1 year and a totally new one will come out. I remember reading alot about this, because i was curious as to why Camaros and Firebirds were being killed off. I may be wrong, but that's what i heard.

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote