MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2001, 12:42 AM   #1
Mad Horse
Registered Member

Question Anyone running Potenza's RE730's?

Since some guys recommended looking at www.tirerack.com I took the time and did so. I found three tires I really like the BFG Comp T/A KDW, Firestone FireHawk SZ50 EP, and the Potenza RE730. I checked the customer survey for high performance tires and the Comp T/A KDW's ranked 14, the FireHawk's ranked first, and the RE730's ranked second. However, the Potenza's are only $110 a piece compared to $150 or more for the others!! So I was hoping some of you guys had them and could confirm how great they are?

------------------
88GT 5-speed
Bolt ons:Ram Air, K&N,
PS91 coil, Accel Cap/Rotor, 190lph Fuel pump, Pro 5.0, March Pullies, DynoMax Cat-back, 16" Ponies, 3.73 gears.
"Nip it in the Bud"
My Mustang Homepage

Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 07:59 PM   #2
CobraMan
Registered Member

It took me two months to decide on these tires (RE730's)! When they first came out is when I got interested. All of the specs (ratings, width, etc) seemed really good. The price was also great. So a couple of months past and the price went up, ratings went way high, and they were selling a lot of 'em. It was between the Firehawks and the RE's. I bought the RE730's and LOVE them. They hold like glue. With my old tires, that were 90% bald, my car would slide a little through turns. With the 730's, I dont slide an inch, and have discovered that I have a lot of body roll, and that I need springs (because the tires grip so well). At first I thought that the tires were not so great because in the turns the car wouldnt stay at an even stance (body-roll). But later realizing that the tires were gripping so well, I now know my car rolls like a plane. I wouldnt roll as much w/ the old tires because I would slide a little and that kept the stance flatter. Enough about that...

The tires grip excellent. They havea 300 AA A rating. Rain traction is AWESOME! Water dispersing capability is great.

Get them.

Heres a web site of some guy who has compared this tire to the SO2's, etc
http://homepage.interaccess.com/~dkelly/car.htm

------------------
1991 GT Hatchback

-MAC cold-air induction
-FMS 9mm wires
-MAC 2 1/2in. Cat-Back exhaust
-Slowly, but surely
CobraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 07:56 PM   #3
88cobraconvt
Registered Member

I've had the RE730's on my car for about 6 months and love them. I've got 275/40/17's on the rear and 245/40/17/'s on the front. I couldn't get my car to grip before, but now it launches and grips hard. Get them and you won't be sorry

------------------
88 Cobra Convert DSS 306 Pro Bullet, 10.1 Pistons, Windsor Jr heads, Edlebrock Performer intake, 24# injectors, 3.55's,Mass Air conversion, cam, complete exhaust, jacobs pro street ignition, 190 gph fuel pump, 275/40/17's rear, 245/40/17 front on ROH's, BBK springs, megabite rear, and a lot more
88cobraconvt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: