MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-02-2001, 09:55 AM   #1
LOCASH
Registered Member

Post Anyone using Fact. 5 RLCA's?

I always see them in magazines but I have never heard anything about them. The price is great but are the junk?("you get what you pay for"). I've read in the Carver forum that they are so cheap because Factory 5 is trying to get they're name out there.

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Crutchfield front kick panel speakers.
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 01:00 PM   #2
fastang
Registered Member

I ordered mine 3 months ago and still havent got them. They told me it would be 6-8 weeks but this is rediculous.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, K&N, off road pipes, ADS chip, pulleys, msd coil,9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 06:35 PM   #3
Nutty 5.0
Registered Member

They work great for a once a week driver. Not good for road racing--don't have spherical bearings, but work fine and fit and overall quality is very good.
They take a while to receive because they make them as needed(sucks, but oh well) and have greasable poly bushings and reuse the in axle rubber mounts. You must reuse factory hardware. Mac (unsure of the others) gives you new hardware and are identical in fit and quality, except they are boxed, as Fac. 5 is tube.
They help handling and lowered my 60 foot times as well.
HOpe to have answered your questions.

------------------
-Nutty 5.0
93 GT Red/Grey
S trim, Edelbrock 6037 heads, E cam, BBK longtubes w/cats, 3 chamber Flowmasters, BBK Alum. underdrive pullies, Cobra intake, Accel fuel regulator, FMS 70mm t.b., 73mm C&L meter, ram air, 1.7 roller rockers, Mac upper and lower strut tower braces, FMS lowering springs, Factory Five upper and lower control arms, Speedware Cobra R 17X9 wheels, 3.73 gears and ram air hood, Cobra wing, and grille insert.
Nutty 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 11:43 PM   #4
autoX
Registered Member

Factory Five RLCA's rock! They are very solidly built pieces and come with all poly bushings (except you do use your stock rubber bushings on the upper control arm where they mount to the axle). I know for a fact that they are the best deal out there. Lemme put it this way - you could spend a lot more money and still not see any improvement over the Factory Five pieces. They are worth every penny and well worth the wait. When you take off the stock pieces and hold them next to the Factory Five pieces, tell me if you don't agree that the stock control arms look as if they are a part off a kids swing set or something!

------------------
Red '90 GT - My Daily Driver w/ Kenny Brown braces & Springs, 6 KYBs, Caster/Camber Plates, Factory Five Control arms, Poly Bushings, 3.55 gears, Hurst shifter, Dynomax cat-back, Cervini 2 1/2 cowl, & Polished ROH ZR6 wheels... Griggs torque-arm and panhard bar waiting for installation!
autoX is offline   Reply With Quote