MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: how anm I doing so far?
Poll Options
how anm I doing so far?

Old 12-16-2002, 10:25 PM   #1
69coupe
Registered Member

Default Need correct linkage from AT shifter to C6

Hi I am new to the boards and also new to the blue oval(recovering goathead). I just got a 69 coupe that has a 895L gt motor and C6 trans in it. The fella that had it before me had some nasty ratchet shifter that wasnt even hooked up properly and you had to smash the lever into the radio for it to go into park. I yanked that outta there as soon as I got the car home and found the correct 69 AT floor shifter on Ebay last week. It came in the mail and it looks great but it doesnt have the linkage rod to connect it to the tranny. My question is that there are lots of rods on Ebay and online Mustang catalogs but I dont want to get the wrong one! One guy emailed me he has one for an "FMX" but didnt know about it fitting a C6. I am in the dark here being the new guy and all so I could use the help! Also where will I get all the necessary hardware to connect the shifter to the floor and the linkage to the shifter and the tranny?
Thanks in advance!
PS I did look in the archives but could not find anything about this.
69coupe is offline   Reply With Quote