MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-26-2004, 01:11 AM   #1
af62cobra
Registered Member

Talking Aod Tv Cable

how do adjust the TV cable on a 90 GT with the AOD.how do you know if it is correct. thanks
alden
af62cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 02:27 AM   #2
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

Default Re: Aod Tv Cable

the cable is hooked up to the bottomside of the throttle body - the little plastic peg should pop right out of the grommet, from there, there is a little metal clip that you slide out and you can move the plastic thing up or down along the cable to adjust as needed ...did i confuse you because i think i confused myself
Fat0eknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 12:23 PM   #3
grey88gt
Registered Member

When I got my car it was shifting real soft and would go into the next gear really quick. This is out off a Haynes manual 1.pry the grooved pin on the cable assembly out of the grommet on the throttle body lever. 2.push the white locking tab out. 3.make sure the plastic block with the pin and the tab slides freely on the notched rod(if is dosent, the white tab may not be pushed out far enough) 4. hold the throttle lever firmly against the idle stop and push the grooved pin into the grommet on the lever as far as it will go, (make sure not to move the throttle lever away from the idle stop during this procedure. That helped my trans shift lots. So I went a little further and reset it again but this time i pulled the TV cable about a 1/16 of an inch more tighter and wow what a diffrence. Shifts are good and hard, stays in each gear alot longer, downshifts on its own alot better. My car has 2.73 and itll light the tires outa 2nd gear. Hope this helps.
grey88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 01:52 PM   #4
af62cobra
Registered Member

thanks guys for the infro,my car doesn't shift quick but stays in gear longer i though that this may hurt the trans.if not i'm ready to go just replaced the trans.thanks
alden
af62cobra is offline   Reply With Quote