MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-13-2002, 12:27 PM   #1
daddyo
Registered Member

Angry AODE problems

Let's see if there is intellgent life out there because Ford seems to have no answers. 1994 auto v-6 with 52K. The problem is my transmission will SOMETIMES shift hard or hang up(free rev) at around 35-45 mph. This happens with O/D on or off. They (Ford)
have replaced the IAC, MAS. After which they determined it was an internal trans problem. I went for a second opinion. Took it to a a good trans shop who cracked open the pan to do a visual and all they found was a dirty filter and fluid. After all this I still have the problem. So I crawled under to see if there was anything obvious that some how has missed. Well i did find a cooked wire harness to the VSS. So I spliced in a harness end off a 94 t-bird and changed the VSS. I am to the point of still not wanting to believe the people at Ford about needing a new trans. No other problems the car runs great other than this. Any ideas out there.
daddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:57 PM   #2
Spyder1914
Registered Member

well my 95 auto did that also when i went turned corners and punched it. Its sounds simple but my answer was low trans fluid, once i filled i up i havent had a problem since. just a though
Spyder1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 08:22 PM   #3
daddyo
Registered Member

Default aode problems

The trans fluid and filter have all been replaced and the problem happens to me always straight never turning. Thanks for the thought. The problem has been getting worse here lately. I may have to resort to taking it back to Ford for them to have another shot at it. I am talking with a new service tech who thought the thought of a trans problem causing my problems was remote but rather thought it would be electronic in nature. Depending on what they have to say I may sell this stang and buy a new g 35 Infinity. Hey I will still have my 94 gt rag top with 5.0 and 40K.
daddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 12:51 PM   #4
99Pony3.8
Registered Member

Why would you want an Infinity. Real me drive Fords and Chevy's. Only a fag would drive an Infinity. You know they take your balls when you buy A POS like a Nissan.