MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-04-2001, 11:22 AM   #1
jetuomi
Registered Member

Post New Stalling is REALLY dangerous, HELP PLEASE!!??

Hey, I posted in July/August that my car was stuttering for a second or two (like I hit a curb in the middle of the road), and I did the following:

1) injector cleaner
2) checked battery cables, fixed ends

Now, it was fine for a 3000 mile trip to Winnipeg and back to Toronto, but, now that I'm back, its dying on me in the middle of the road (eg: driving on a 3 lane highway, and it just stalls, rpms drop to 0, and check engine light comes on, its scary, but, popping it into 4th from 5th, and a few seconds later, it turns back on, thank the lord) After it starts back up, my gas mileage goes DOWNHILL (almost like the computer has gone to open-loop mode, if there is such a thing) as I measured 50 miles, and it burned over a quarter tank at 1800 rpm's in 5th (usually, it gets 2x the mileage)

And, I know its going to stall on me, because its HARD to start, like, it could take upto 15 minutes to start... and then I know its going to stall on me within the next 1/2 hour, BUT, if it starts fine, it runs fine till I turn it off next..

This is really strange, and my only guesses are that; maybe the injectors are failing; or the Mass-Air Wiring (or ground) is not making connection... Any ideas?

(summary of problems)
really hard to start
stalls while driving any gear (not idling)
bad gas mileage after stall

THANKS A LOT GUYS !

------------------
94 GT (triple black)
FMS (9mm, 95 17" Cobra R's, AL Driveshaft, 3.27's)
K&N, 12* timing, MSD Coil, 180* thermostat
MAC Shifter/Gauges/Pedals, Euro Clear Projectors & Corners
My CAR!

jetuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 12:41 PM   #2
PKRWUD

What are the codes?

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 12:47 PM   #3
andy669
Registered Member

Both of our cars are having similiar problems. I have datalogged mine while it is in the act and I came up with a 0080 error code on my PMS. Well, EFI Systems (maker of the PMS) was responding to my emails until I told them that I was having problems without the PMS. Apparently then, they decided they no longer needed to assist me. The 0080 code says "high speed output problem" Does anyone here know what the hell that is? Maybe a code expert like Jimberg could help us out.
andy

------------------
3 Black 94 GT Vert. AODE/TKO conversion, 3:73's, ported X-305's, GT40 manifolds, 75mm TB, 30lbers, PMS, 300 horse Top Gun wet kit, and all the other little stuff
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 01:40 PM   #4
jetuomi
Registered Member

I don't have a code yet, should I goto Ford and get them to hook up their scanner for $60? (how can I reproduce the problem for Ford to get the check engine light to come up, or does the computer remember the last error??? )

or can I get a code scanner, that plugs into the EEC? because the check engine light isn't always on...

andy, I remember you replied to my post a while back, you're still not working eh? sorry to hear about that... lets see if we can figure this out tho...
jetuomi is offline   Reply With Quote