MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-29-2001, 08:14 PM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Unhappy This is bad! Did my Uncle cause my Racing tranny to overheat?(It's a long 1... sorry)

This sucks. My Uncle helped me with this entire project and I think he might of hooked up my trans. coolant lines wrong. I never checked them b/c he said he did it before but I assumed he knew what he was doing. Anyway, I noticed that my brand new Dynamic racing tranny has been getting hot since my first 25-30 mile ride on the highway (I was trying to break my engine in)over the mountain to the dragstrip. I mean HOT! I have a metal plate from Holcomb Motorsports bolted to the car and the shifter bolted to the plate. This damn plate was so hot after my first 25-30 mile ride that my new Husrt Pistol shifter was too hot to hold after 10 seconds. I couldn't touch the plate for more than 3 seconds, and my right leg was really "warm". So yesterday I brought it to my engine builder to have a leak checked out, have the crank travel checked, and to pay the man. To make a long story short we noticed that the tranny cooler and lines were not warm. I checked all the lines today and this is the situation. My feed line from the pump is going to the bottom of the cooler, out the top of the cooler and into the bottom of a Fluidyne radiator. Then, out of the top of the radiator and back to the tranny. I'm shocked obviously but I trusted him to get it right. Did he get it right and maybe the radiator is blocked? That's what he tried to say. I dont think so. I assume the feed line is supposed to the top of the radiator and let gravity assist it on the way down. But this is my first time doing a engine build and install and I'm still learning. Also, I should not that I am using BBK Trick Shift fluid only. I do have 2 gallons of TCI Racing Tranny fluid and a temp. gauge for the Tranny coming in tomarrow which I'd like to use. But what is the best way to properly drain a tranny and how do you get all the fluid out of the convertor?

------------------
Just need the sticker!

Red 1993 GT
1969 351 block w/393 stroker. Edlebrock Performer heads and Performer RPM EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. JMS chip & MSD ignition.
Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage, Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 10:55 PM   #2
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Man sorry to hear about that. How does she run? 393 stroker ahhhh. =]

------------------
1989 GT, 3:55's, full exhaust, 4 in. hood, Pro 5.0, Have many other parts 4 sale. All parts for sale now.

2000 Camaro SS-A4 =P

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!

http://www.geocities.com/i8urvpr/JM.html
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote