MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-04-2001, 03:03 AM   #1
HAITHAM
Registered Member

Angry Bad news after switiching to old style computer & new maf ??????????

After installing the PRO-M pih kit & PRO-M 8omm maf the car performance is down.
Thinking get rid of them.
any one can help please ???

------------------
94 COBRA # 926/5009
TFS track heat heads (ported), Cobra intake (ported), 24# Injectors, 3/8" Phenolic spacer, E303 Cam, TFS 1.7 rr, BBK 1 5/8" headers, BBK 65mm TB, C&L 73mm (not calb. yet), FMS 3.55 ratio, BBK 190 lph fuel pump, Paxton fpr, MSD'S, K&N in fender, March Pulley's, Pro-5 tower power shifter, Autometer shift light (5600), Intellitronix Air/Fuel gauge, Eibach Sportline Springs, Tokico 5-way adjustable, Edelbrock Mufflers w\ 2.5" exhaust system, Clear Marker Lights, Aluminum Gril
HAITHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 05:17 PM   #2
CJ's94GT
Registered Member

Is the car running at all?
Will it start?
Are you ABSOLUTTELY POSITIVE all the pins got changed correctly? Any doubt at all?
Did any of the pins get the locking tab broken off? Did you push on as many wires you could get to when you plugged in the computer to make sure the pins contacted the pins in the computer?
Can you pull any codes?

Most of the pins that got changed were for the fuel injectors, if any got turned around it wouldn't run.
If it runs, does it cruise ok then feel like it's got no fuel when you give it any throttle? This goes back to my original question on how you ordered the MAF. Did you tell them it was for a stock air box or cold air kit? Does the calibration sheet specify the 24# injectors? If it's running what does your air/fuel ratio gage say? Rich all the time, lean all the time?

Even I didn't have this much trouble with my conversion.

Do you have an MSD spark box and did you try unplugging it and plugging the stock plug in the coil? I had trouble with my 6A box and it drove me crazy untill I unhooked it then it ran fine.

Your problems fron an earlier post still sound like a bad MAF. Have you tried to use your C&L meter to see if it helps? An 80mm sounds awfully big to me for your combo.

Please post more info.
CJ's94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 12:29 AM   #3
HAITHAM
Registered Member

*I checked all connections & they are ok.
*My meter calb. is ok also. (for 89-93, 24lb).
*fuel ratio reading is in the middle reading with little rich.
*tried the old C&L maf & the car becomes worst.
I used A9S computer.

What problems you face from 6A ????

[This message has been edited by HAITHAM (edited 03-10-2001).]
HAITHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 08:13 AM   #4
CJ's94GT
Registered Member

My mech hooked the power wire right to the back of the alternator instead of to the battery. MSD instructions specifically say don't do that. Electricity is one of those magical witch doctor kind of things to me so I got no idea what the difference is. The thing ran terrible and just got worse. If you have ever driven a car with points ignition, it acted like it had bad points. I don't know if the box is any good, I haven't tried it just because I can't find a good place to mount it.

It worked fine untill the mech changed the power from the batt, where I had it, to the alt.
CJ's94GT is offline   Reply With Quote