View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 03:19 PM   #1
abesmith69
Registered Member

Default Battery..Solenoid..Starter problem

Here is the what happened.

My car was sitting for a couple weeks or so without being started so I go to start the car and all I hear is a click from the solenoid. I automatically try to jump the car figuring my battery was dead. That didnt work, so I replaced the solenoid still getting the click.

Next I put a battery charger on my starter and jumped it, presto the car started so I moved it into my yard. I turned it off and started looking for the problem, I was switching solenoids, I switched out the battery with another one, nothing worked. I gave up for a little while and came back about a week later(today) and started messing with it again. I noticed the negative wire coming off the battery was in bad condition, so I replaced it figuring that wast he problem, no luck. Now when I try to start the car I am getting no juice from the battery and I am not able to jump the starter either. I need some advice from you guys on what I should troubleshoot next.

AIM = thetrillest ...if any of you have it and want to help

Thanks,
Abe